Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep out specific word and only that word Post 302476966 by michaelrozar17 on Friday 3rd of December 2010 01:03:49 AM
Old 12-03-2010
you could try ..
Code:
grep -o ' H.*18144[^-]*' inputfile
 HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSWRunPath.18144 = STRING: "/usr/vendor/jdk15/bin/java" # Only outputs per your previous post

or if not specific try with awk
Code:
awk -F "---- " '{print $2}' inputfile # Change $2 to $3 or $1 etc and try

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a word from a specific line

for example: searches only for single word for single word this is line three match=$(grep -n -e "single" data.txt) this command will stored "..... single ...... single" into search. how can i grep the single word just from line 2 only?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blurboy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep for a word and display only the word

Hi, When we "grep" for a word in a file, it returns the lines containing the word that we searched for. Is there a way to display only the words and not the entire line containing them. Thanks Ananth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch entries in front of specific word till next word

Hi all I have following file which I have to edit for research purpose file:///tmp/moz-screenshot.png body, div, table, thead, tbody, tfoot, tr, th, td, p { font-family: &quot;Liberation Sans&quot;; font-size: x-small; } Drug: KRP-104 QD Drug: Placebo Drug: Metformin|Drug:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a word which just comes next to after grep of a specific word

Hi, Below is an example : ST1 PREF: int1 AVAIL: int2 ST2 PREF :int1 AVAIL: int2 I need int1 to come in preferred variable while programming and int2 in available variable Please help me doing so Best regards, Vishal (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a word or word with underscore

I have a file "test" with following contents: cat test abc abcd_efg abc_abc I want to only grep for abc or abc_ without getting other results, how do I achieve this? If I use grep -w abc test option I get only abc and not abc_. If I use egrep "abc|abc_" test its still printing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep or awk a unique and specific word across many fields

Hi there, I have data with similar structure as this: CHR START-SNP END-SNP REF ALT PATIENT1 PATIENT2 PATIENT3 PATIENT4 chr1 69511 69511 A G homo hetero homo hetero chr2 69513 69513 T C . hetero homo hetero chr3 69814 69814 G C . . homo homo chr4 69815 69815 C A hetero . . hetero is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: daashti
10 Replies
GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)						   OpenGL Manual						 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)

NAME
glSampleMaski - set the value of a sub-word of the sample mask C SPECIFICATION
void glSampleMaski(GLuint maskNumber, GLbitfield mask); PARAMETERS
maskNumber Specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update. mask Specifies the new value of the mask sub-word. DESCRIPTION
glSampleMaski sets one 32-bit sub-word of the multi-word sample mask, GL_SAMPLE_MASK_VALUE. maskIndex specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update, and mask specifies the new value to use for that sub-word. maskIndex must be less than the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. Bit B of mask word M corresponds to sample 32 x M + B. NOTES
glSampleMaski is available only if the GL version is 3.2 or greater, or if the ARB_texture_multisample extension is supported. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if maskIndex is greater than or equal to the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. SEE ALSO
glGenRenderbuffers(), glBindRenderbuffer(), glRenderbufferStorageMultisample(), glFramebufferRenderbuffer(), glDeleteRenderbuffers() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)