Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calling bash command in perl script Post 302476951 by sQew on Friday 3rd of December 2010 11:10:06 PM
Old 12-04-2010
Hi, sorry im not getting what you try to point to me:

This is currently i use, in this case i have to call another script

PHP Code:
`/script/bperror14 > /var/tmp/errorout`; 
What i need now is, to run below script (it is
/script/bperror14 )directly from the perl script it self. The bperror14 script is as below:

PHP Code:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -backstat --hoursago 12 |awk '{ print $19, $12, $14, $16}'|grep -vi default|sort > /var/tmp/error.out 
BTW, i got below message when i put use Getopt::EvaP;
PHP Code:

Can
't locate Getopt/EvaP.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/5.6.1/lib /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/perl5/site_perl /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris-64int /usr/perl5/vendor_perl/5.6.1 /usr/perl5/vendor_perl .) at ./filter_script line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./filter_script line 6. 
---------- Post updated 12-04-10 at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous update was 12-03-10 at 01:04 PM ----------

still failed, anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling 3 perl script from one

hi all, I have 3 perl scripts a.pl,b.pl and c.pl each of these work when i pass a date for eg: perl c.pl 2010-05-27 now i want to write a perl script that would call the 3 scripts and make it run all the 3 scripts (a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) parallelly rather than 1 after the other....... pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva_nagarajan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick question: calling c-shell script from bash

Hello, I have a quick reference question: I have a very long, but fairly straigtforward script written in c-shell. I was wondering if it is possible to call this script from bash (for ex. having a function in bash script which calls the c-shell script when necessary), and if so, are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapiduslost
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Calling BASH script from JAVA

Hi, I am trying to call a bash script from a java file. Code to call bash script will look like: Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process process = runtime.exec("mybashfile.sh"); It is succesfully calling the bash file. I am using simple rm commands in the script to remove... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshman.forums
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password check in bash script calling on expect

password check in bash script calling on expect Background: I have to copy a file from one server, to over 100 servers in a test environment. once the file is copied, it requires to have the permissions on the file changed/verified. These are all linux servers. most of them have the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2legit2quit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling msys shell from bash script

Hi all, I am struck at a very tricky problem. Writing a bash script that calls msys.bat which inherently launches sh.exe. Now from my bash script, I call msys.bat and it creates a shell within. The problem is: I cannot pass any commands to this new shell from my bash script. I need to be able to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetu1995
5 Replies

10. Programming

Calling bash script from CGI

Hi, I am having two individual scripts Script 1): CGI script - is a simple script which trigger bash script Script 2): Bash script - is a script which execute which collects file system utilization information from all the Unix servers If I am executing CGI script manually from command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naveen.6025
2 Replies
mfontset_lookup(3m17n)						 The m17n Library					    mfontset_lookup(3m17n)

NAME
mfontset_lookup - Lookup a fontset. SYNOPSIS
MPlist * mfontset_lookup (MFontset * fontset, MSymbol script, MSymbol language, MSymbol charset) DESCRIPTION
Lookup a fontset. The mfontset_lookup() function lookups fontset and returns a plist that describes the contents of fontset corresponding to the specified script, language, and charset. If script is Mt, keys of the returned plist are script name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. If script is a script name symbol, the returned plist is decided by language. o If language is Mt, keys of the plist are language name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. A key may be Mt which means some fallback fonts are specified for the script. o If language is a language name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the specified script and language. FONT-GROUP is a plist whose keys are FLT (FontLayoutTable) name symbols (Mt if no FLT is associated with the font) and values are pointers to MFont. o If language is Mnil, the plist is fallback FONT-GROUP for the script. If script is Mnil, the returned plist is decided as below. o If charset is Mt, keys of the returned plist are charset name symbols for which some fonts are specified and values are NULL. o If charset is a charset name symbol, the plist is a FONT-GROUP for the charset. o If charset is Mnil, the plist is a fallback FONT-GROUP. RETURN VALUE
It returns a plist describing the contents of a fontset. The plist should be freed by m17n_object_unref(). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mfontset_lookup(3m17n)