Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting store sqlplus output in variable Post 302476931 by murtymvvs on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 10:17:19 PM
Old 12-02-2010
store sqlplus output in variable

hi

how can i store sqlplus output to a variable in sh script (not bash)

Thanks
MM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store output in variable when put in background

Hi, How do I store following command output: export RESULT=`date` & It works when I do : export RESULT=`date` But what I need is when command put it background, I also need that output going to RESULT variable. Is there any way ? Thanks Sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjay92
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To store the output in a variable

Hi, I am getting the following error while executing the script. Please can someone throw some light where is the problem. Many thanks. ./check: temp: not found The directory related to SEP instance 4 does not exist. The script is as follows. SEP_APP="/scp/sepx/app... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query's output in a variable

Hi, My requirement is : We are calling an sql statement from a UNIX session, and fetching data into some variables from a table .. now we are unable to access these variables from outside the SQL part. Please let me know how can I achieve this. Can you please share a code snippet which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh: How to store each output line into a different variable?

Example output: /tmp/generatelines.sh line1 line2 line3 line4 I want each output line assigned to its own variable, ie: "line1" --> $a "line2" --> $b "line3" --> $c "line4" --> $d Is this possible without writing to a temporary file? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksheller
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove column and store output to a variable

Hello guys I need to run a script to remove the last column of different comma separated files. The problem is that the number of columns of my files will be different and I won't know that number every time i run my script. Is there any command I can use to remove the last column without... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: loperam
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

date output store in variable problem

When I run following command date Output1 => Thu Sep 9 03:26:52 IST 2010 When I store in a varibale as a=`date` echo $a output2 => Thu Sep 9 03:27:02 IST 2010 The differnece is, it is trimming the space when I am storing the output in varibale. Output1 = Thu Sep 9 03:26:52 IST 2010... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravincpatil
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to store output to a variable

I need some help: 1) I have a out put from a shell script, the out put looks like this: Attempting privilege escalation using sudo ... List backups for CLTST: Start date Status Ret. Class Label -------------------- ------------ ------------ ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sqlplus output to a shell variable

I am trying to import a sqlplus output into a shell variable but it doesnt seem to be working. set -x export DEPENDENT_CR_NO=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF conn username/passwd set heading off select dependency from custom_patches where patch_name='PATCH.zip'; exit; EOF` echo $DEPENDENT_CR_NO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer314
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sqlplus output to shell variable

Hi , I am using below code : for i in `ps -ef|grep pmon|awk {' print $8 '}|cut -f3 -d'_'|grep -v '^grep'` do ORACLE_SID=$i export ORACLE_SID; dest=`sqlplus "/ as sysdba" <<EOF set heading off feedback on verify off select DESTINATION from v\\$archive_dest where target in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies

10. Programming

Python - store output of command to a variable

I am trying to store output of python command in variable. Could you please help how I can do that ? For example I am executing the following command - "CentOS" in server_desc The output would be True or False I would like to store the output in a variable say outPut and use condition... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
4 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)