Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: C prog Segmentation error.
Top Forums Programming C prog Segmentation error. Post 302476919 by frank_rizzo on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 09:18:35 PM
Old 12-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Learnerabc
Thanks for reply.Is it ok if I can pm you the code?
no. post it so everyone can learn.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

c prog gives segmentation fault

hello , I have a C program which runs perfectly on linux but gives a segmentation core dump when i try to run it on solaris. The compilation of the c code happens without any errors on solaris. Any pointers thanks Nayeem (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nayeemmz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

lpstat gives segmentation coredump error

hi everyone, we have solaris 8 in sun v480 server. it gives this error. Segmentation Fault(coredump) can anyone help me in this - urgently. Regards Karthik C (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cksriramchandra
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What's the difference between Segmentation fault and Bus error and Illegal...?

What's the difference between Segmentation fault and Bus error and Illegal instruction? Sometimes I got the one, and sometimes i got another, what are their differences? Segmentation fault (core dump)? Bus error (core dump)? Illegal instruction (core dump) Thanks Daniel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation (CoreDump) error !!

Hi all, I am trying to create few directories using script and its giving me segmentation error. #!/bin/ksh createDirectories() createDirectories() { cat dirs | \ while read line do mkdir... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

capture sqsh segmentation fault error

hi all is there any way to capture the segmentation fault error when i run sqsh on a unix shell script. Ex: #!/bin/ksh sqsh -S "server" -U "user" -P "pwd" << EOF use mydb go exec proc1 go exit EOF retval=$? echo "sqsh return value $retval" if then exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudheer1984
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) Error

Hi all, I have a folder with some 28 files. I have a script file that will iteratively take one file at a time from the folder and provide an output for the input file. Till the 7th file, there was no problem but from the 8th file onwards, i got this Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) error. A file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
2 Replies

7. Programming

C++ Segmentation error with bi-dimensional array

Hello, I'm experiencing a weird seg fault at run time when initializing a bi-dimensional array and initializing a class. Please see below code and comments describing the error and the instances when it occurs and when it does not occur. Compiled with g++ segf.cpp -o segf output On... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmset
5 Replies

8. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation Fault ERROR in C

Hello guys, i have this code: int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i, j, N, result = 0, **vec; if (argc < 2) { fprintf(stderr, "Usage: %s N\n", argv); } /* ... how many numbers to read */ N = atoi(argv); /* check if N is a power of two; exit if not */ if (!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DinisR
3 Replies
halockrun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     halockrun(1M)

NAME
halockrun - run a child program while holding a file lock SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/bin/halockrun [-nsv] [-e exitcode] lockfilename prog [args] DESCRIPTION
The halockrun utility provides a convenient means to claim a file lock on a file and run a program while holding that lock. As this utility supports script locking, this utility is useful when programming in scripting languages such as the Bourne shell. See sh(1). halockrun opens the file lockfilename and claims an exclusive mode file lock on the entire file. See fcntl(2) fcntl(2)). Then it runs the program prog with arguments args as a child process and waits for the child process to exit. When the child exits, halockrun releases the lock, and exits with the same exit code with which the child exited. The overall effect is that the child prog is run as a critical section, and that this critical section is well-formed, in that no matter how the child terminates, the lock is released. If the file lockfilename cannot be opened or created, then halockrun prints an error message on stderr and exits with exit code 99. You can run this command in the global zone or in a non-global zone. The command affects only the global or non-global zone in which you issue the command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -e exitcode Normally, errors detected by halockrun exit with exit code 99. The -e option provides a means to change this special exit code to a different value. -n The lock should be requested in non-blocking mode: if the lock cannot be granted immediately, halockrun exits immediately, with exit code 1, without running prog. This behavior is not affected by the -e option. Without the -n option, the lock is requested in blocking mode, thus, the halockrun utility blocks waiting for the lock to become available. -s Claim the file lock in shared mode, rather than in exclusive mode. -v Verbose output, on stderr. EXIT STATUS
Errors detected by halockrun itself, such that the child process was never started, cause halockrun to exit with exit code 99. (This exit code value can be changed to a different value using the -e option. See OPTIONS. Otherwise, halockrun exits with the same exit code with which the child exited. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
fcntl(2), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 halockrun(1M)