Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Airport using semaphores and shared memo Post 302476825 by DGPickett on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 04:45:00 PM
Old 12-02-2010
Shared memeory and semaphores are so tricky and root-oriented, I like to make my own using mmap(). No root calls needed. No collisions between users on a scarece resource. No reboot to adjust. A hard copy of the shared memory if the app crashes, visible to any file tool.

Shouldn't the project be in multiple processes, like one per plane, communicating through the IPCs and taking/releasing modeled resources using it? Good Luck.

PS: You are not using the template, expect to be dinged.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

semaphores and shared memory

hello, Can any one please answer these 2 questions? 1. What is the purpose of SEMAPHORES and SHARED MEMORY on a Unix platform? 2. What would require a SYS. ADMIN to set SEMAPHORES and SHARED MEMORY on a Unix platform? Thanks, Ted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ted
1 Replies

2. Programming

Airport using semaphores and shared memo

Hi just doin' this here for the naval school, back here in Pportugal, and needed some help, especially with the shared memo i want to use for the 10 airport gate, and the maximum of 4 planes preparing to leave; canīt figure out how the gate can be id by the same PID. WELL, if someone wants to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Turbo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEMO: Issue with a for loop

Can someone help me what i am doing wrong with this: apsrvrport1=28548 stcmsport1=28507 apsrvrport2=38548 stcmsport2=38507 apsrvrport3=48548 stcmsport3=48507 apsrvrport4=58548 stcmsport4=58507 apsrvrport5=38048 stcmsport5=38007 apsrvrport6=27548 stcmsport6=27507 apsrvrport7=37548... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
6 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Airport ID instead of machine name in Terminal

Hi. When I open a Terminal window instead of getting the machine's name (i.e. Joe-Bloggs-laptop) I get `unknown-00-1x-5x-cx-ex-ex:~ bloggs$' which is the Mac's Airport ID (ID munged). I'm on a wireless LAN with one other laptop & three iPhones (Macs running 10.6.8 & iPhones all up to date). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phildobbin
9 Replies

5. Linux

HOW CAN I PRINT OUT THE MEMO ONLY?

I tried to print out external memo in LINUX system, however, each time in the print out also print out M--. M--. in front of the external memo, my question is HOW CAN I PRINT OUT THE MEMO ONLY? THANKS (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottblee
0 Replies
libgpilotd(3)							C Library Functions						     libgpilotd(3)

NAME
libgpilotd, libgpilotdcm, libgpilotdconduit - C interfaces for gnome-pilot daemon DESCRIPTION
libgpilotd, libgpilotdcm, libgpilotdconduit are three core gnome-pilot libraries. libgpilotd is for gnome-pilot daemon. libgpilotdcm is for gnome-pilot conduit management. libgpilotdconduit is for gnome-pilot conduits. The gnome-pilot daemon monitors for pilot connections on one or more devices. Gnome-pilot has default conduits for backing up files and installing files. It also includes an API for creating conduits Other packages exist that provide additional conduits. For example, the Evolution mail/calendar/memo PIM application suite. FILES
The following files are used by this library: /usr/lib/libgpilotd.so gpilotd shared library /usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so gpilotd conduit management shared library /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so gpilotd conduit shared library ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-pilot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gpilot-install-file(1), gpilotd(1), gpilotd-control-applet(1), pilot-xfer(1), libpisock(3), libpisync(3), attributes(5), gnome-inter- faces(5) NOTES
Written by Jerry Yu, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 30 Jul 2008 libgpilotd(3)