Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display Post 302476803 by DGPickett on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 03:44:17 PM
Old 12-02-2010
You can test the firewall and PC X assuming :0.0 by going to the UNIX host and trying:
Code:

telnet ip_or_name_of_PC 6000

Now, if it cannot connect, you can go to the PC and try the same thing. If it works, it is firewall somewhere, and if not, the PC X service is not working. Also, try an Xterm or other X app on the PC to make sure X does more than connect there.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session request failed (Called name not present)

I have the following shell script to map a drive to a windows machine: echo Enter password: stty -echo read passwd stty echo mount -t smbfs -ousername=myusername,password=$passwd //192.168.2.5/sharename /mnt/mountname It works fine and the share mounts, but for some reason I get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'

Dear brothers. i tried so many times to install openssl-0.9.8g in x86 machine. i have done ./config without any error notification. when i execute the make command i am having the same error fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'. i installed c compiler the verson of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

4. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hi ppl, anyone has encounter this error before? I can't remote login to another machine residing in the same subnet via CDE and the error I get in var/dt/Xerrors is XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address Warning: Name: submenu_options_button Class: XmRowColumn ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaochensg
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

30494: session setup failed: ERRDOS

Hi, on a Linux RED HAT I issue the following to mount a shared filesystem on a Win server 2003 and it fails : # smbmount //172.16.0.42/eb_depot /mnt/eb_depot -o username=domaine/Administrateur rw Password: 30494: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) SMB connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

6. Linux

3550: session setup failed: ERRDOS

Hi, we have re installes our Windows domain and Activedirectory, and from then until now we can not mount shared windows filesystems on Linux server and we receive : mount -t smbfs -o username=user1,password=xxxxx //xxx.16.0.xxx/dir /mnt/dir 3550: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Error- ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed:No such file or directory

Hi Friends I have a compiler(Sun Forte,I believe) running in my Solaris 9 box. since y'day my development team is finding this error when they compile: ld.so.1: expr: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory I ran a search for this file and found it in one of my file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP fatal error: Session declined No valid address

Hello all, I just post here to expose an issue I have encountered two days ago and finally successfully solve just right now using info on this site( but not only). Config : Two SUN/ORACLE sparc Solaris 10 system. Purpose : do a remote CDE login from host one to the host two. method: from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsunsun
0 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

PHP Fatal Errors During SSL Cert Management - PHP Fatal error: xc_fcntl_mutex failed

Today, I noticed some errors in our SSL cert renewal log files, mostly related to domains where the IP address had changed. Concerned about this, rebuilt out SSL cert, which normally goes well without a hiccup. However, for today, for some reason which I cannot explain, there was a PHP error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
CONNECT-PROXY(1)					      General Commands Manual						  CONNECT-PROXY(1)

NAME
connect-proxy -- connect over SOCKS4/5 proxy SYNOPSIS
connect-proxy [-dnhst45] [-R resolve ] [-p local-port ] [-w secs ] [-H [user@]proxy-server[:port]] ] [-S [user@]socks-server[:port]] ] [-T proxy-server[:port] ] [-c telnet-proxy-command ] [host] [port] DESCRIPTION
connect-proxy open connection over SOCKS4/5 proxies Please, note that any HTTP-Proxy tunnel won't work with content-inspection firewall (unless using SSL). OPTIONS
-H specifies a hostname and port number of the http proxy server to relay. If port is omitted, 80 is used. You can specify this value in the environment variable HTTP_PROXY and pass the -h option to use it. -S specifies the hostname and port number of the SOCKS server to relay. Like -H, port number can be omitted and the default is 1080. You can also specify this value pair in the environment variable SOCKS5_SERVER and give the -s option to use it. -4 specifies SOCKS relaying and indicates protocol version to use. It is valid only when used with '-s' or '-S'. Default is '-5' (protocol version 5) -R method to resolve the hostname. Three keywords ("local", "remote", "both") or dot-notation IP address are acceptable. The key- word "both" means, "Try local first, then remote". If a dot-notation IP address is specified, use this host as nameserver. The default is "remote" for SOCKS5 or "local" for others. On SOCKS4 protocol, remote resolving method ("remote" and "both") requires protocol 4a supported server. -p will forward a local TCP port instead of using the standard input and output. -P same to '-p' except keep remote session. The program repeats waiting the port with holding remote session without disconnecting. To connect the remote session, send EOF to stdin or kill the program. -w timeout in seconds for making connection with TARGET host. -d used for debug. If you fail to connect, use this and check request to and response from server. USAGE
To use proxy, this example is for SOCKS5 connection to connect to "host" at port 25 via SOCKS5 server on "firewall" host. connect-proxy -S firewall host 25 SOCKS5_SERVER=firewall; export SOCKS5_SERVER; connect-proxy -s host 25 For a HTTP-PROXY connection: connect-proxy -H proxy-server:8080 host 25 HTTP_PROXY=proxy-server:8080; export HTTP_PROXY; connect-proxy -h host 25 To forward a local port, for example to use ssh: connect-proxy -p 5550 -H proxy-server:8080 host 22 ssh -l user To use it along ssh transparently: # file://~/.ssh/config # not using proxy on lan Host 192.* ProxyCommand connect-proxy %h %p # mandatory to access the internet Host * ProxyCommand connect-proxy -H proxyserver:8080 %h %p Or for all users ( /etc/ssh/ssh_config ) ENVIRONMENT
SOCKS5_USER, SOCKS5_PASSWORD, HTTP_PROXY_USER, HTTP_PROXY_PASSWORD, CONNECT_PASSWORD, LOGNAME, USER SEE ALSO
ssh (1). WWW
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/connect AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Philippe Coval rzr@gna.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CONNECT-PROXY(1)