Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Making a program compiled on Unix (HPUX) work on Linux Post 302476787 by Corona688 on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 03:03:01 PM
Old 12-02-2010
HPUX uses a very weird, old compiler which rejects a lot of modern syntax. It might even still be K&R.

We can't see your makefile from here. The contents of the code are probably important too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Running a compiled Program

Just getting into the Unix command line programming and am unable to run any program I write. I am using a Makefile and the source is compiling but when I enter the name of the output file I get back: bash: lab01exe.out: command not found I'm sure I am just dooing something simple... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krebsbac
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to use a .exe with a compiled program.

I am confused about how to use a .exe file in unix along with a compiled C++ program. I've been using emacs and I compiled with g++, but I have no idea how that relates to use with a .exe. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adamsy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any Linux/Unix work with SATA yet?

i got my computer in 2k, built it myself. top of the line then and better than most still now. one problem however is i was never able to install unix because the old kernels were not compatible with SATA hard drives i dont have any IDE drives nor do i want any I want mine on SATA, but every... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GXDeMoNN
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with `cat` the compiled output of C program in unix

Hello All, I have coded a C program which looks something like below... (program name: test.c) #include<stdio.h> main() { int dist,dm,dcm; printf(" Enter the distance between 2 cities in KM : "); scanf("%d",&dist); dm=dist*1000; dcm=dist*10; printf("Distance between 2 cities in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

5. HP-UX

wcsftime() on HPUX doesn't work

Hi, I'm wrote a small program on HPUX that uses wcsftime, but this function seems to be not working - I get 0 as a result, the output buffer returns empty, and errno is 0 : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { size_t formattedTimeLength = 0; wchar_t formattedTime... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: itaiy
9 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Issue in pro*C program compiled in solaris 10

Hi, We upgraded our servers from solaris 9 to 10. We recompiled all the Pro*C programs with the new oracle version as well. Oracle is 11g. We are facing core dump with the below error for certain executions. But when we are placing new statements between the error fucntion we get junk values to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saroopkris85
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed works on Linux and Unix does not work

Hi, I use this command in Linux but if I run the same command does not work in freebsd. Follow the below command: Linux works: sed -e '1731a\' -e '####' squid.conf > squid2.conf ; sed -e '1731a\' -e 'acl TESTE_ip src 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.255' squid2.conf > squid.conf ; sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreirp
7 Replies

9. Programming

Using ANSI color codes in gcc compiled program

I have put some yellow color codes and works well. I call the funstion using print_usage(stderr, 0); I would like to know if there is any way, to store the ansi color codes in variables and then call them inside fprintf. Or have a format followed by the strings I want to output. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Run program compiled in Ubuntu in centos

Will a program compiled in ubuntu 14.04 execute in Centos 7? That is to say a tarball or zip is downloaded from github and extracted, compiled, and make is all done in ubuntu 14.04, can I mv the program from ubuntu 14.04 to Centos 7, add it to path in Centos 7. And run it? Thank you :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
Inline-Support(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Inline-Support(3pm)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2002. Brian Ingerson. Copyright (c) 2008, 2010-2012. Sisyphus. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-02-02 Inline-Support(3pm)