Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Record split.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Record split. Post 302476689 by Jairaj on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 09:13:03 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Not Suppoting ... Getting error msg.

syntax error at -e line 1, near "!=="

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record

UNIX Scripting Hi I am trying to read a record and split it into multiple records My Record looks like this 1001A0010@B0010*&^0)C0012hgdj&6sD0020fhfri93kivmepi9 where UniqueID is 1001 segments are A,B,C,D length of each segment is 4 characters after the segment 0010 for A 0010 for B 0012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file record

-Hi, I have a problem with parcing/spliting a file record into two parts and assigning the split parts to two viriables. The record is as follows: ftrn facc ttrd feed xref fsdb fcp ruldb csdb omom fordr ftxn fodb fsdc texc oxox reng ttrn ttxn fqdb ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record based on particular match

Hi , I have a requirement to split the record based on particular match using UNIX. Case1: Input Record : 10.44.48.63;"Personals/Dating;sports";1441 Output Records : 10.44.48.63;Personals/Dating;1441;Original 10.44.48.63;sports;1441;Dummy Case2: Input Record : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mksuneel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split record based on delimiter

Hi, My inputfile contains field separaer is ^. 12^inms^ 13^fakdks^ssk^s3 23^avsd^ 13^fakdks^ssk^a4 I wanted to print only 2 delimiter occurence i.e 12^inms^ 23^avsd^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split record without pattern

Hi , I have file with all records in one line, which needs to split it to have a fixed length.Am trying to execute the below script for the same FILENAME="$1" while line LINE do echo $LINE | awk 'BEGIN{n=1}{while(substr($0,n,10)){print substr($0,n,10);n+=10}}' done < $FILENAME it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split content and write to new record

Hi, Help required to split record value and write to new row. Input a~b~c~value in ('3','4','5')~test output a~b~c~3~test a~b~c~4~test a~b~c~5~test input a~b~c~value in ('3','4')~test output a~b~c~3~test a~b~c~4~test (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split record

Hi All, Need help in writing a shell script for the below requirement: i/p: 123456789 o/p: 123 456 789 Req: one record should be split into multiple based on the length ( after every third character it should be moved into next line) Thanks in Advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split one record to multiple records?

Hi, I have one tab delimited file which is having multiple store_ids in first column seprated by pipe.I want to split the file on the basis of store_id(separating 1st record in to 2 records ). I tried some more options like below with using split,awk etc ,But not able to get proper output. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaggy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies