Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Record split.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Record split. Post 302476687 by Klashxx on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 09:05:35 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Try:
Code:
 perl -ni -e 'print unless length($_)!=11;' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record

UNIX Scripting Hi I am trying to read a record and split it into multiple records My Record looks like this 1001A0010@B0010*&^0)C0012hgdj&6sD0020fhfri93kivmepi9 where UniqueID is 1001 segments are A,B,C,D length of each segment is 4 characters after the segment 0010 for A 0010 for B 0012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file record

-Hi, I have a problem with parcing/spliting a file record into two parts and assigning the split parts to two viriables. The record is as follows: ftrn facc ttrd feed xref fsdb fcp ruldb csdb omom fordr ftxn fodb fsdc texc oxox reng ttrn ttxn fqdb ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a record based on particular match

Hi , I have a requirement to split the record based on particular match using UNIX. Case1: Input Record : 10.44.48.63;"Personals/Dating;sports";1441 Output Records : 10.44.48.63;Personals/Dating;1441;Original 10.44.48.63;sports;1441;Dummy Case2: Input Record : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mksuneel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split record based on delimiter

Hi, My inputfile contains field separaer is ^. 12^inms^ 13^fakdks^ssk^s3 23^avsd^ 13^fakdks^ssk^a4 I wanted to print only 2 delimiter occurence i.e 12^inms^ 23^avsd^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split record without pattern

Hi , I have file with all records in one line, which needs to split it to have a fixed length.Am trying to execute the below script for the same FILENAME="$1" while line LINE do echo $LINE | awk 'BEGIN{n=1}{while(substr($0,n,10)){print substr($0,n,10);n+=10}}' done < $FILENAME it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split content and write to new record

Hi, Help required to split record value and write to new row. Input a~b~c~value in ('3','4','5')~test output a~b~c~3~test a~b~c~4~test a~b~c~5~test input a~b~c~value in ('3','4')~test output a~b~c~3~test a~b~c~4~test (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split single record to multiple records

Hi Friends, source .... col1,col2,col3 a,b,1;2;3 here colom delimeter is comma(,). here we dont know what is the max length of col3 means now we have 1;2;3 next time i will receive 1;2;3;4;5;etc... required output .............. col1,col2,col3 a,b,1 a,b,2 a,b,3 please give me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bab.galary
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split record

Hi All, Need help in writing a shell script for the below requirement: i/p: 123456789 o/p: 123 456 789 Req: one record should be split into multiple based on the length ( after every third character it should be moved into next line) Thanks in Advance (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split one record to multiple records?

Hi, I have one tab delimited file which is having multiple store_ids in first column seprated by pipe.I want to split the file on the basis of store_id(separating 1st record in to 2 records ). I tried some more options like below with using split,awk etc ,But not able to get proper output. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaggy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to split large file with different record delimiter?

Hi, I have received a file which is 20 GB. We would like to split the file into 4 equal parts and process it to avoid memory issues. If the record delimiter is unix new line, I could use split command either with option l or b. The problem is that the line terminator is |##| How to use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi.K
5 Replies
UPSCLI_GET(3)							    NUT Manual							     UPSCLI_GET(3)

NAME
upscli_get - retrieve data from a UPS SYNOPSIS
#include <upsclient.h> int upscli_get(UPSCONN_t *ups, int numq, const char **query, int *numa, char ***answer) DESCRIPTION
The upscli_get() function takes the pointer ups to a UPSCONN_t state structure, and the pointer query to an array of numq query elements. It builds a properly-formatted request from those elements and transmits it to upsd(8). Upon success, the response will be split into separate components. A pointer to those components will be returned in answer. The number of usable answer components will be returned in numa. USES
This function implements the "GET" command in the protocol. As a result, you can use it to request many different things from the server. Some examples are: o GET NUMLOGINS <ups> o GET UPSDESC <ups> o GET VAR <ups> <var> o GET TYPE <ups> <var> o GET DESC <ups> <var> o GET CMDDESC <ups> <cmd> QUERY FORMATTING
To generate a request for GET NUMLOGINS su700, you would populate query and numq as follows: int numq; const char *query[2]; query[0] = "NUMLOGINS"; query[1] = "su700"; numq = 2; All escaping of special characters and quoting of elements with spaces is handled for you inside this function. ANSWER FORMATTING
The raw response from upsd to the above query would be NUMLOGINS su700 1. Since this is split up for you, the values work out like this: numa = 3; answer[0] = "NUMLOGINS" answer[1] = "su700" answer[2] = "1" Notice that the value which you seek typically starts at answer[numq]. ERROR CHECKING
This function will check your query against the response from upsd(8). For example, if you send "VAR" "su700" "ups.status", it will expect to see those at the beginning of the response. If the results from upsd do not pass this case-insensitive test against your request, this function will return an error. When this happens, upscli_upserror(3) will return UPSCLI_ERR_PROTOCOL. ANSWER ARRAY LIFETIME
The pointers contained within the answer array are only valid until the next call to a upsclient function which references them. If you need to use data from multiple calls, you must copy it somewhere else first. The answer array and its elements may change locations, so you must not rely on previous addresses. You must only use the addresses which were returned by the most recent call. You also must not attempt to use more than numa elements in answer. Such behavior is undefined, and may yield bogus data or a crash. The array will be deleted after calling upscli_disconnect(3). Any access after that point is also undefined. RETURN VALUE
The upscli_get() function returns 0 on success, or -1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
upscli_list_start(3), upscli_list_next(3), upscli_strerror(3), upscli_upserror(3) Network UPS Tools 05/22/2012 UPSCLI_GET(3)