Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep Stop status from the output of script and send an eamil alert. Post 302476669 by R0H0N on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 08:10:26 AM
Old 12-02-2010
execute

Quote:
prompt> sh -x ./wsadmin.sh
to debug the script
R0H0N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron: try script 4 times then send mail and stop

Hi! I have a simple script i call, and i use CRON to run the script daily between 7 and 8 o'clock. The cron runs 4 times a day between 7 and 8. The code is simple: if <script ran successfully> do something else try again later, with the next time cron runs. BUT If the script failed for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash100
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a script to send alert for some particular hours in a day

Hi All, I have a have a script which checks for some processes whether they are running or not and if they are not running then it send a mail specifying that the processes are not running. This particular script example abc.ksh is runs in a cron like this 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send output of grep as input of kill command

I would appreciate any help. I need to run 'ps -ef | grep 'process', get the process id and kill that process. I have got this far: - Get pid using ps -ef | awk '/process/{ print $2}' after this I'm kind of stuck.. - Use pipe to redirect the output to kill pid=ps -ef | awk '/bmserver/{... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: foxtron
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically send a mail alert if the script errors out

I have a script like this, which calls other scripts from that script: #!/usr/ksh moveFiles.sh extract.sh readfile=/home/sample.txt cat $readfile | while read line do file= `echo $line|awk '{print $4}'` if ; then mv $file /home/temp_stage fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss3944
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send alert if any changes are made in crontab.

Hi i want to know how can i write a script to check if any changes are made and send an alert in crontabs . i am using .ksh file extension for writing scripts. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help....script check status if see something then send email

autorep -m bogus Machine Name Max Load Current Load Factor O/S Status ___________ ________ ___________ ______ ________ ______ bogus --- --- 1.00 Sys Agent Online Status ______ Online Offline Missing Unqualified The "Status" always "Online". I like create a script execute run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse qshape output and send email alert

Hi I need help to do this. This is the output of qshape: user$ qshape deferred|head T 5 10 20 40 80 160 320 640 1280 1280+ TOTAL 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 T stands for minutes elapsed and TOTAL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorrox
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automation script for email alert when a job get complete with status successful.

Guyz, Please let me know about script which is to be sending an automatic email to particular mail id's when a monotoring job get complete with status successful. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rehan Ahmad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to send mail alert

HI Guys, I am writing one shell script to send the mail alert to some email id's if the file not modified in last 10 mins but its not working, I believe MTIME is null string is wrong . can you please assist me on this. script :- filename="abc.txt" echo "Filename is $filename"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to send mail alert

Hi I have below shell script to send mail alert , however I want to add more functionality in this script and that is , script should only check that file between 9 am to 5pm , and if there is no activity in this time 9 am to 5 pm for 2hours then it should give me mail alert, please help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scazed
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)