Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Difference of 2 dates in shell script Post 302476654 by Klashxx on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 07:37:46 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Do it through the DB , ..something to start:
Code:
select cast(
    NUMTODSINTERVAL(
       to_date('12/01/2010:06:00:00 PM','MM/DD/YYYY:HH12:MI:SS PM')-to_date('12/01/2010:05:40:00 AM','MM/DD/YYYY:HH12:MI:SS AM')
    ,'DAY')
as interval day(2) to second(0) ) from dual

Result:
Code:
+00 12:20:00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates...

Hi All, Wish you a Happy New year... I have to find the difference between two dates, the result should be the number of days. I have seen the "datecalc" function. Its good, can I have any other alternative. Thanks in Advance Raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates.

Hi all. My question may seems to be similar to one that already been here. But i need a little other solution. I have two dates in format dd/mm/yyyy. I need to find number of days between them. I need to do it in bash script. I am running on Solaris machine and have cutted 'date' command version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two dates

Hi! I have two parameters like this: YYYY-MM-DD YYYY-MM-DD My question is, there is a direct command for get the elapsed time between the 2 dates, or I have to find another way? Thx! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MalaTomi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi all, I need a help for below requirement. Difference between two dates"12-11-2009" and "03-25-2012" (mm-dd-yy format") in weeks and days and hours Please help me for this. Thanks in adv.... I am working in AIX, so dont have below command:- date --version (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates

shell script to calculate difference between 2 dates (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gredpurushottam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference in dates in days (ksh shell)

Hi Guys, Need a small help, how do i get the difference between two dates (in days) in KSH shell My date is in mm/dd/YYYY format, Is there a function to get time stamp from the respective date and time ( mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvankj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 dates

Hi Friends, I have a file that has the contents like below: file1.txt 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:21 5,13/07/2013 23:25:25,14/07/2013 19:40:43 5,12/07/2013 23:50:50,13/07/2013 20:30:26 5,12/07/2013 23:20:24,13/07/2013 19:40:53 60,14/07/2013 00:00:00,14/07/2013 23:00:39... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing dates in shell script

Hi All, I have a date variable say dt="2014-01-06 07:18:38" Now i need to use this variable to search a log and get the entries which occured after that time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

9. Fedora

Difference of dates

I have a script which is printing date in below format while writing the logs. theDate=`date +"%m%d%Y"` theTime=`date +"%H%M%S"` echo $theDate $theTime How can i find out difference current time and above format. Appreciate your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hi There I am trying to find the difference between two dates in seconds, by taking the first 10 digits of the file name itself, which I have done as shown below: current_time=`date +%s` last_login_of_tim=`date -d @1489662376 +%s` diff_sec=$(($current_time-$last_login_of_tim)) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
5 Replies
ROTTER(1)																 ROTTER(1)

NAME
rotter - a recording of transmission / audio logger for JACK SYNOPSIS
rotter [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
Rotter is a Recording of Transmission / Audio Logger for JACK. It was designed for use by radio stations, who are legally required to keep a recording of all their output. Rotter runs continuously, writing to a new file every hour. Rotter can output files in two different strutures, either all files in a single directory or create a directory structure: flat: /root_directory/YYYY-MM-DD-HH.suffix hierarchy: /root_directory/YYYY/MM/DD/HH/archive.suffix combo: /root_directory/YYYY/MM/DD/HH/YYYY-MM-DD-HH.suffix dailydir: /root_directory/YYYY-MM-DD/YYYY-MM-DD-HH.suffix The advantage of using a folder hierarchy is that you can store related files in the hour's directory. OPTIONS
-a Automatically connect JACK ports to the first two JACK input ports found. -f <format> Select the output format of the log files. See the rotter help screen for a list of supported output format names. -b <bitrate> Select the bitrate (in kbps) of the log file. This parameter is only supported by bitstream formats (MPEG Audio). -c <channels> Set the number of input channels to be logged. This number of JACK ports will be created. Should either 1 or 2. -n <name> Choose the name of the Jack client to register as. -N <filename> Choose a filename prefix for the archive files created (default archive). -d <hours> Specifies the number of hours of audio to keep before it is deleted. Files are deleted at the start of every hour, based on the files modification date. Default is to not delete files. -R <secs> Sets the length (in seconds) of the ringbuffer. This is the buffer between the internal audio grabber and the audio encoder. If you have a slow machine you might want to try increating the size of the buffer. -L <layout> Choose a file layout option for the archive files created. See above for a list. -j By default rotter will automatically try and start jackd if it isn't running. This option disables that feature. -v Enable verbose mode. Display more messages about what rotter is doing. -q Enable quiet mode. Only display error messages. EXAMPLES
rotter -a -f mp3 -d 1000 -b 160 -v /var/achives Start logging audio to hourly files in /var/archives. Rotter will automatically connect itself to the first two JACK output ports it finds and encode to MPEG Layer 3 audio at 128kbps. Each hour it will delete files older than 1000 hours (42 days). Verbose mode means it will display more informational messages. AUTHOR
Written by Nicholas J Humfrey RESOURCES
Web site: http://www.aelius.com/njh/rotter/ COPYING
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Nicholas J Humfrey. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). 10/03/2010 ROTTER(1)