Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: From column to table
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting From column to table Post 302476592 by f_o_555 on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 05:02:33 AM
Old 12-02-2010
From column to table

Hi,
I have an ascii file containing information. This file is n x m lines.

Is there a way to generate an ascii file where the information is stored as n x m table instead? The m columns should be tab separated.
Thanks a lot,
Sarah

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file in to the column of the table

Hi I am ETL person. I have a table in Oracle having one of its column defined as BLOB where it can hold huge data. When i generate a file in DataStage and place it in a path. and i would like dump the file in to the column of the table having datatype as BLOB. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sant_leo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

updating a column in a unix table for a particular row

Hi, I have the following requirement. I have a unix table as below progname par1 par2 par3 par4 PROG1 abc def 0012 ooo PROG2 wed xas 0100 xxx PROG3 kkk ppp 0004 ppp Different programs(ex:PROG1,PROG2..) accesses this table and update... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thanuman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To update a column in a table through shell script

Hi All, I need to write a shell script in UNIX that should accept booking number as an argument and update it with value "NULL" if the transaction date is greater than 2 years. Booking number and transaction_date are the two columns of the table table_booking. Something like this, through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

average of a column in a table

Hello, Is there a quick way to compute the average of a column data in a numerical tab delimeted file? Thanks, Gussi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Data from table to column

Hi All, in bash I have a text file which is something like 7.96634E-07 1.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 1.59327E-06 0.7071 2.23058E-05 0.1890 6.61207E-05 0.1098 1.13919E-04 0.0865 1.47377E-04 0.0747 .... .... 0.00000E+00 0.0000 0.00000E+00 0.0000 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Construct 3 column table from one column list

Hi all! trying my best to parse a public site for information (ie fiscal year and turnover) about corporations. Doing this by having a file with business name and registration number (search key) the file bolag.txt currently looks like this Burgundy 556732-7217 AcademicSearch 556406-9879... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: martindebruin
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verification of file name with table column

I am trying to generate code 1. move entire list of file names with specific pattern(standard patterned name for example file name is <process>_<country>_<yymmdd>) in a directory to a variable 2. Use variable in netezza code to check file name exist in a table or not? for example: Employee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's

please write a shell script Table -------------------------- 1 2 3 a b c 3 4 5 c d e 7 8 9 f g h Output should be like this --------------- 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8 9 a b c c d e f g h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record

Split column data if the table has n number of column's with some record then how to split n number of colmn's line by line with records Table --------- Col1 col2 col3 col4 ....................col20 1 2 3 4 .................... 20 a b c d .................... v ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priti2277
11 Replies
DTIF(5) 							File Formats Manual							   DTIF(5)

Name
       DTIF - Digital Table Interchange Format

Description
       Digital	Table Interchange Format (DTIF) is the standard format for the storage and interchange of documents that contain data tables, for-
       mulas, and spreadsheets. You can use DTIF to store and retrieve database information, interchange spreadsheets, and reference table data in
       compound documents.

DTIF defines the logical structure and physical layout of a data table, the values within the table (absolute data and/or expressions), and
       presentation attributes (formatting) to be used when displaying or printing the table. DTIF works with Digital Document Interchange  Format
       (DDIF) so that you can store or reference DTIF tables in DDIF-encoded compound documents.

A  DTIF	document  can  contain	a sequence of one or more tables and is uniquely identified by a product name, a version number, and other
       descriptive information such as the document's title and creation date.	Each DTIF table is a 2-dimensional display of  data  values  orga-
       nized in columns and rows that has its own structure and table data stored in cells.

In  DTIF  documents,  attributes  specify  the  type  and format of information pertaining to the data stored in a table. Column attributes
       describe information for all the cells in a particular column, whereas generic column attributes can be applied to any column in any  table
       that  references  them. Format attributes define the printed and displayed presentation of data stored in the table.  Format attributes can
       also be redefined at the window, column, or cell level.

See Also
       CDA(5), DDIF(5), DTIF(5)
       Compound Document Architecture Manual

DTIF(5)