Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text formatting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text formatting Post 302476583 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 04:45:59 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Code:
$ xargs -n3 < infile
1 Sanjib Gayen
2 Chetan Jadhav
3 Vijaykumar Uddi
4 Pinaki Sarkar

Code:
$ xargs -n3 < infile | sed 's/ /-/'
1-Sanjib Gayen
2-Chetan Jadhav
3-Vijaykumar Uddi
4-Pinaki Sarkar

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting text

Hi, I am having a file containing entries like: .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysName.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysLocation.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysServices.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysORLastChange.0... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text Formatting

I have a file like this with 1 lac lines. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 I would like to format the above text file 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file formatting

Hi all! I'm new in unix, and faced with some difficulties. So I have text file f.e. "textfile" which contains rows like: aaa bbb ccc ddd How could I format it, so the file looks like: aaabbb cccddd Thanks in andvance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: consta.v
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

text formatting

Hi, any idea input: mr.smith stvenson: /address #/tel no/ personal data profile. mrs.smith stevenson: /address #/tel no/occupation/ personal data profile. output: mr.smith stvenson address #: tel no: personal data profile. mrs.smith stevenson address #: tel no: occupation:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting TEXT

Hello, I have the following lines in a text file: /var/spool/postfix/defer/1/15C86B0547C /var/spool/postfix/defer/1/19AD1B054A2 /var/spool/postfix/defer/2/25A16B05493 /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/626FBB05496 /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/634D4B0544A /var/spool/postfix/defer/6/6A8ACB05499... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting

A folder is having n number of files each file is having column names in it .Hence using below code . for file in /xxx/sss/* do filename=$( basename $file ) sed -e '1,2d; $d; /^*$/d; /selected\.$/d' ${file} | \ sed -e '1s/^/INSERT INTO '${filename}' VALUES (/; $!s/$/,/; $s/$/);/'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Text formatting

I am generating the o/p as: BLANSWER 112747 112747 TBLQSTN 983 692 INITIATIVE 35 35 PAIGN 3122 3538 IGNCONTACT 90136 93534 IGNGROUP 27 27 AIGNSTEP 16899 20437 AIGNTYPE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text formatting help

I have bunch of files with data's like below. archive.log.0104 ar0104_akl ar0731_rln ar0731_rsl M70148I need to compile all those files into a single file(.xls file) in the below format. 1st row is file name - should come in 1st column in excel In 2 - 4 row, all entries starts with... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth_123
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me with the formatting of text

Hi, I am new to this forum; I need a help for my scripting problem. I have made a script in Unix which is extracting a report but the issue is that report is not in a proper format. Original Report Ex: Field 1....................... a b c d e f g Field 2............. @ID.@ID Field... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tush
4 Replies

10. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Text formatting

I know I've been away from the forums for past couple of months. But I am back now : ) I used to hit ctrl+B and ctrl+I after selecting the text to make text bold or italic respectively. (Pressing the keys would add and tags etc) However, that is not working anymore. Did I miss something? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
13 Replies
Pod::Text::Termcap(3perl)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				 Pod::Text::Termcap(3perl)

NAME
Pod::Text::Termcap - Convert POD data to ASCII text with format escapes SYNOPSIS
use Pod::Text::Termcap; my $parser = Pod::Text::Termcap->new (sentence => 0, width => 78); # Read POD from STDIN and write to STDOUT. $parser->parse_from_filehandle; # Read POD from file.pod and write to file.txt. $parser->parse_from_file ('file.pod', 'file.txt'); DESCRIPTION
Pod::Text::Termcap is a simple subclass of Pod::Text that highlights output text using the correct termcap escape sequences for the current terminal. Apart from the format codes, it in all ways functions like Pod::Text. See Pod::Text for details and available options. NOTES
This module uses Term::Cap to retrieve the formatting escape sequences for the current terminal, and falls back on the ECMA-48 (the same in this regard as ANSI X3.64 and ISO 6429, the escape codes also used by DEC VT100 terminals) if the bold, underline, and reset codes aren't set in the termcap information. SEE ALSO
Pod::Text, Pod::Simple, Term::Cap The current version of this module is always available from its web site at <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/podlators/>. It is also part of the Perl core distribution as of 5.6.0. AUTHOR
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-30 Pod::Text::Termcap(3perl)