Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't change fully qualified host name Post 302476546 by solaris_user on Thursday 2nd of December 2010 03:18:26 AM
Old 12-02-2010
Your hostname must be changed in /etc/nodename

Code:
vi /etc/nodename

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Hostname not fully qualified..

Hi Friends.. I have a small problem with the hostname of my system.I had installed Solaris 10 X86 on Vmware in my windows 2000 system.After booting of my solaris system,if i give check-hostname command it says ,, hostname is not fully qualified ,,change the hostname to hostname.xxx.xxxxxx.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
3 Replies

3. AIX

NIM host name change

Hi I have a NIM server on AIX 5.3.08.02. I had to change the host name and I now have nimsh connection issues to the NIM clients. All host files and DNS entries are correct with the new host name. I have tried editing the niminfo files on the NIM server and NIM clinet. I have tried removing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change $HOST in /etc/hosts

I want to change the following lines in /etc/hosts on FreeBSD: ::1 localhost localhost.my.domain 127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.my.domain into the following lines ::1 localhost foo.example.com 127.0.0.1 localhost foo.example.com I have the following script to do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
5 Replies

5. IP Networking

Unable to ping freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name

hi all. am unable to ping a freebsd machine using fully qualified domain name from a windows machine. i have already set the fqdn for the machine. plz advise me. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get fully qualified path name

hi actually i want to get fully qualified path name of the file when the file name is entered as command line argument while running a shell script ex. if i run the shell as $./test.sh ./nsdnet_file.csv the it should display me the full path of the file like /dialp/Release/bin/nsdnet_file.csv... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
3 Replies

7. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

change password for multiple host

1-How can i change root password of 5 Fedora 11 machines (server1 server2 server3 server4 server5) with a single script , for example make password : 123456 NB. from server1 i can via ssh connect to the others machines without a password Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chang-lee
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Change from weak ssh host key to strong one

Hi, I got instructions from Security audit team for Solaris-10 server. They mentioned - "The sshd configuration on the host supported weak host keys and allowed password authentication on Solaris server. Enable stronger keys (2048 or 4096 bit)". I am not clear enough, what they mean by weak... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
fence_xcat(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     fence_xcat(8)

NAME
fence_xcat - I/O Fencing agent for xcat environments SYNOPSIS
fence_xcat [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_xcat is a wrapper to the rpower(1) command that is distributed with the xCAT project available at http://www.xcat.org. Use of fence_xcat requires that xcat has already been properly configured for your environment. Refer to xCAT(1) for more information on config- uring xCAT. fence_xcat accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_xcat can be run by itself with command line options which is useful for testing. NOTE: It is recommended that fence_bladecenter(8) is used instead of fence_xcat if the bladecenter firmware supports telnet. This inter- face is much cleaner and easier to setup. Vendor URL: http://www.xcat.org OPTIONS
-h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -n nodename The nodename as defined in nodelist.tab of the xCAT setup. -o action The action required. on, off, reset (default) or stat. -r rpower The path to the rpower binary. -q Quiet mode: print only error messages. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_xcat. nodename = < param > The nodename as defined in nodelist.tab of the xCAT setup. action = < param > The action required. on, off, reset (default) or stat. rpower = < param > The path to the rpower binary. SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8), fence_bladecenter(8), nodelist.tab(8), rpower(1), xCAT(1) fence_xcat(8)