Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove last space in a string? Post 302476415 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 03:57:44 PM
Old 12-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy
Sorry, I should have specified but I only really know Perl.
Consider this your introduction to a scripting language that doesn't resemble line noise, then. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove unregconized space from a string

Hi, I need to unload some data from Informix database into text file. But what happen is when i open the text file, some record split into 2 line, become uncomplete. I had checked is due to some unregconized space in particular fields, i used many way to detect this unregconized space, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricole
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space in file how to remove

Hello I have a file with data something like this in it : texttexttext "text .lst" TEXT=" text " texttexttext "moretext .lst" TEXT=" text " Question is how do I get rid of space so that the files looks like this : texttexttext "text.lst" TEXT="text" texttexttext... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: davebw
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space

DATE=6/Jul/2010 6/Jul/2010 var="sed -n '/\ ---------- Post updated at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:36 AM ---------- #!/bin/bash DATE=`./get_date.pl 3` DATE1=`./get_date.pl 2` var1=$( echo "$DATE" | sed "s/ //g" ) var2=$( echo "$DATE1" | sed "s/ //g" ) var="sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove space before a character

Hi guys, I am new to shell scripting and I have a small problem...If someone can solve this..that would be great I am trying to form a XML by reading a flat file using shell scripting This is my shell script LINE_FILE1=`cat FLEX_FILE1.TXT | head -1 | tail -1` echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove space

File A.txt A005 -119.5 -119.5 -100.5 A006 -120.5 -119.5 -119.3 A008 0 0 0 Output A005 -119.5 -119.5 -100.5 A006 -120.5 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to remove leading space from awk statement space from calculation

I created a awk state to calculate the number of success however when the query runs it has a leading zero. Any ideas on how to remove the leading zero from the calculation? Here is my query: cat myfile.log | grep | awk '{print $2,$3,$7,$11,$15,$19,$23,$27,$31,$35($19/$15*100)}' 02:00:00... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bizomb
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove not only the duplicate string but also the keyword of the string in Perl

Hi Perl users, I have another problem with text processing in Perl. I have a file below: Linux Unix Linux Windows SUN MACOS SUN SUN HP-AUX I want the result below: Unix Windows SUN MACOS HP-AUX so the duplicate string will be removed and also the keyword of the string on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all matches containing a string until its next space

I want to delete all matches in a text following this pattern: Each match starts with linux- Each match ends with a space (Remove linux-* until immediate next space) EXAMPLE: From this text: ibudev1 libudev1 libweather-ion7 libxatracker2 linux-generic linux-headers-generic... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove space with sed

Hello Folks , myfile contains 1000000 records as follows: logver=56 idseq=63256 itime=1111 devid=TG-40 devname=PUI-C2 vd=USER date=2019_01_10 time=18:39:49 logid="000013" type="traffic" subtype="forward" level="notice" eventtime=134 srcip=1.1.1.1 srcport=1 srcintf="XYX-CORE.01"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
3 Replies
fruadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						fruadm(1M)

NAME
fruadm - prints and updates customer data associated with FRUs SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm -l /usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/fruadm [-r] path [text] DESCRIPTION
fruadm prints or sets the customer data for Field-Replaceable Units (FRUs). Without arguments, fruadm prints the paths of all FRU ID-capable FRUs (containers) in the system, along with the contents of the customer data record, if present, for each such FRU; for FRUs without customer data, fruadm prints only the container's path. Only a privileged user can create or update data in containers. The privileges required to perform these write operations are hardware dependent. Typically, a default system configuration restricts write operations to the superuser or to the platform-administrator user. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l List the system's frutree paths. -r Recursively display or update the data for all containers rooted at the argument path. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: path A full or partial system frutree path for or under which to print or set the customer data. The first field of each line of output of fruadm -l gives the valid full frutree paths for the system. Paths can include shell meta-characters; such paths should be quoted appropriately for the user's shell. For par- tial paths, the first matching full path is selected for display or update. Without the -r option, the path must be that of a container; with the -r option, all containers (if any) under path will be selected. text Up to 80 characters of text set as the customer data. If the text contains white space or shell metacharacters, it should be quoted appropriately for the user's shell. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying All Customer Data The following example prints all customer data available from FRUs on the system. For containers with no customer data, only the contain- ers' paths will be listed. example% fruadm Example 2: Displaying Customer Data For a Single FRU The following command prints the customer data, if present, for the specified FRU: example% fruadm /frutree/chassis/system-board Example 3: Displaying Customer Data For a Single FRU The following command prints the customer data, if present, for the first mem-module found: example% fruadm mem-module Example 4: Setting Customer Data The following example sets the customer data for a FRU: example# fruadm system-board 'Asset Tag 123456' Example 5: Setting Customer Data The following command sets the customer data for all FRUs under chassis: example# fruadm -r /frutree/chassis "Property of XYZ, Inc." EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfruip.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtfru(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 2002 fruadm(1M)