Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Bridge interface: Netlink socket notification Post 302476286 by Corona688 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 10:09:21 AM
Old 12-01-2010
What sort of notifications are you getting? If you're monitoring for port state changes, i.e. cable unplugged, I'm not sure that makes sense for a bridge interface, you may need to monitor its constituent parts.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

2. Programming

socket function to read a webpage (socket.h)

Why does this socket function only read the first 1440 chars of the stream. Why not the whole stream ? I checked it with gdm and valgrind and everything seems correct... #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <string.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

netlink: NLM_F_REPLACE not working on address???

Am I missing something, or does RFC 3549 suggest that the NLM_F_REPLACE flag should apply to any netlink message header? In other words, routes/links/ipv6-lifetimes should not be the only things that can be affected by the flag. The reason I ask is that it seems impossible (from looking at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

5. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Socket and interface (eth0, eth 1)relationship

hi, Could some one answer this please we have a program with client socket declared which connect to a server for the above program description we wont send an interface information ... let us suppose, I have two interfaces (eth0 , eth1) which are assigned some ip, which interface the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies