Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting match 2 files using nawk command Post 302476264 by centurion_13 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 09:02:46 AM
Old 12-01-2010
Thanks Dhiren

Suppose a particular record in the file_2.txt or file_1.txt is not in the format
Code:
2|_|X|_|

then how to handle such cases???

Suppose now the file_2.txt records are in the format
Code:
W|_|A|_|
X|_B|_|
Y|_|C|_|
1234567890435 (it can be any thing )
Z|_|D|_|

can we remove such records from file_1.txt or file_2.txt and create new file_2(new).txt if needed??? or can we handle them in one nawk statement????

How to remove such corrupt records??????

Last edited by Scott; 12-01-2010 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if within nawk command

I am trying to nawk through a file and if the 24.25.26 charachters in the file are "000" then print a line to a new file in one format, otherwise print a line in a different format. So far I have the following: nawk '/^1/ { if(substr($0,24,3) != 000)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK - looping with match() function

i'm trying to use the "before" output from the match() function as part of the results of each Regex match... but... My input data: (from an input file) i only show the first record in my file.. all other records are similar. mds_ar/bin/uedw92wp.ksh:cat $AI_SQL/wkly_inqry.sql... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to use NAWK command

Hi, I am using NAWK command to scan a file (test.txt) and to create new files based on the length of lines in the file test.txt. My requirement is I need to create test_good with records having line lenght less than 4 and to create test_bad with records having line lenght more than 4. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use match() in nawk to find digits in number

Hi, I just need to check whether number of digits in a phone number is 10 or not. If I am not wrong regex will be: {9} I have to use this inside nawk as this is a small portion of a big program. nawk ' BEGIN { RS="";FS=";"; regex="{9}"; } { for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Command Error for nawk command

Hi All We are migrating our projects from unix environment to linux. I tried running a install script which sets up my project, i.e. the directory structure and all. But in the middle of the script i started receiveing following error : nawk: command not found . So i need to know which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vee_789
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with nawk (Exact Match)

I have a file with the contents below "lets say the name of the file is abcxyz" shown at the end of this. I am using nawk to find the exact ip address and the 6 lines after the match is found using the following nawk statement /usr/bin/nawk "/111.46.14.107/,printed==6 { ++printed; print; }"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk match regex of bash variable

Using a bash for loop to pass variables into a nawk loop to capture a string in an sftp log. Tried several different syntax methods to have the variable treated as a regex so the loop will capture the string. for i in `cat /tmp/dar3.out.2` do nawk -vst=$i '$5 ~ /$st/ && /closed/ && /user/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX Command to Match columns from two csv files

I am joining two CSV files based on 'Server_Name' column, 1st column of first file and 2nd column of second file. If matches, output 1st and 2nd column from first file, 3rd,4th,5th,6th columns from second file. I am expecting output CSV file as below. Could you please send me help me with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anadmbt
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Data match 2 files based on first 2 columns matching only and join if match

Hi, i have 2 files , the data i need to match is in masterfile and i need to pull out column 3 from master if column 1 and 2 match and output entire row to new file I have tried with join and awk and i keep getting blank outputs or same file is there an easier way than what i am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axis88
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)