Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment Post 302476257 by hooge789 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 08:34:42 AM
Old 12-01-2010
Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi,

I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software).
Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal?
It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work in a desktop environment called "Xfce".

Does anybody know how to do it?

I face the same issue for workspaces. I am able to name them (I can see it in properties) but the name is not
displayed on workspace button.

Thank for your help.
Thomas

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3perl)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide   CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource - add custom sources to CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
### elaborate help text CPAN Terminal> /? cs ### add a new custom source CPAN Terminal> /cs --add file:///path/to/releases ### list all your custom sources by CPAN Terminal> /cs --list ### display the contents of a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --contents 1 ### Update a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --update file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --update 1 ### Remove a custom source by URI or ID CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove file:///path/to/releases CPAN Terminal> /cs --remove 1 ### Write an index file for a custom source, to share ### with 3rd parties or remote users CPAN Terminal> /cs --write file:///path/to/releases ### Make sure to save your sources when adding/removing ### sources, so your changes are reflected in the cache: CPAN Terminal> x DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that can add custom sources to your CPANPLUS installation. This is a wrapper around the "custom module sources" code as outlined in "CUSTOM MODULE SOURCES" in CPANPLUS::Backend. This allows you to extend your index of available modules beyond what's available on "CPAN" with your own local distributions, or ones offered by third parties. perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::CustomSource(3perl)