Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment Post 302476257 by hooge789 on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 08:34:42 AM
Old 12-01-2010
Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi,

I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software).
Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal?
It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work in a desktop environment called "Xfce".

Does anybody know how to do it?

I face the same issue for workspaces. I am able to name them (I can see it in properties) but the name is not
displayed on workspace button.

Thank for your help.
Thomas

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies
DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions(library call)							       DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions(library call)

NAME
DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions -- remove a window's workspace functions SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> void DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions( Display *display, Window window); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions function removes a window's workspace functions. When DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions removes workspace functions, the window menu for the window the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), displays does not have the entries that allow the window to occupy a different set of workspaces, occupy all workspaces, or be removed from the current workspace. The display argument is the X display. The window argument is the window to have its workspace functions disabled. RETURN VALUE
The DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions function returns no value. APPLICATION USAGE
The application must call DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions before the window is mapped. The CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), only looks at the workspace function information at the time the workspace manager manages the window. If the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is managing the window, the application must withdraw the window (see XWithdrawWindow(3)), remove the workspace functions, and map the window once again. SEE ALSO
dtwm(1), Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5). DtWsmRemoveWorkspaceFunctions(library call)