Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automation of manual process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automation of manual process Post 302476200 by methyl on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 05:18:33 AM
Old 12-01-2010
This is a duplicate of:
https://www.unix.com/unix-advanced-ex...utomation.html

Maybe someone else can understand the requirement?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No manual entry for

I don't seem to be able to get man pages up for any command. When I try the "No manual entry for..." message is displayed. When checking my $MANPATH variable I get the following /opt/SUNconn/man: However, when I check this directory it doesn't exist. Searching for any man directories results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FattyLumpkin
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

UNIX Commands / Manual

Hi Does anyone know were to go (web link please?) to learn the BACIS of UNIX in OS X, I would like to know a little more about unix (for the apple) but seem to get lost in all the wen sites, and idealy find a site where i could download a manual for the unix shell in OS X. Any ideas? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianmoore
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix manual needed :)

hi guys... am new 2 dis unix world... am in need of a unix manual... cud sum1 pls post sum links 2 download it?>?>? :confused: Danks in advance... ;) ;) ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar_shankar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process automation ...help needed

hi all i am working in a organisation where we are using Ab Initio tool for datawarehousing purpose.Ab initio is installed on a unix environment.after developing the code we migrate it to production using certain commands which gets executed in the unix box.there are specific number of predefined... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM manual

Hi, Can any of you tell me how to get this ndm manual stuff? I need it to know specific error ids and descriptions Thanks, Vinodhini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodhini4
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with a manual task

I have an ASCII file that I receive on a monthly bases that is fixed length. I break the file into separate files based on a 5 character numerical sequence. I have 20 different sequences I have to find. the input file looks something like this xy-ins 2008yuthnrlsinrthsntwilgrha33260001... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting a manual

I'm sure it's really easy, but I have searched on Google and on the forums and haven't found anything. For instance, if I open the grep manual (man grep), I can't close it. I've tried ctrl+c, ctrl+x, scrolling to the bottom of the manual. How can I exit the manual without closing the shell? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennis89
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Manual Entry

Hi, While executing the following command i am getting output as command not found. iostat output: command not found Also, man iostat is displaying "NO Manual Entry" Why is it so? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating an automation process in unix .

hi i need shell script in ksh for the automation process in informtica. The automation process is like this . i have a folder in unix . when this folder gets updated (like if a file or files is/are added to the folder) an event in informatica is triggered and after the process is done in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar8887
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Manual fsck help in fedora

I am trying to do a manual fsck in Fedora. So far I have not had any luck. I have tried the easy way like this. sudo touch /forcefsckSince that didn't work I tried the manual way. sudo fsck.ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_hi-lv_home sudo fsck.ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_hi-lv_rootSince I got mounted errors I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1)                                              MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES                                             MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)