Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting append text from file1 to the end of each line in file2 Post 302476168 by gc_sw on Wednesday 1st of December 2010 03:37:00 AM
Old 12-01-2010
append text from file1 to the end of each line in file2

hi;

my file2.txt:
Code:
portname=1;list=10.11;l-
portname=2;list=10.12;l-
portname=3;list=10.13;l-

my file1.txt:
Code:
;"{'sector=%27'}"\&>

so; i want to see:
Code:
portname=1;list=10.11;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&>
portname=2;list=10.12;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&>
portname=3;list=10.13;l-;"{'sector=%27'}"\&>

how can i script it? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed to append text to the end of each line

Anyone know how to use SED to append a comma to the end of each line example: field1,field2,field3,field4 If i Cat /textfile ---- How can i append the end of /textfile with a comman? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Redg
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text at end of the first line in a file

Hi I need to append some text @ end of the first line in a file. like myfile.txt list = a,b,c list.a=some.. I give the arg "d" . now it append at end of first line list=a,b,c,d list.a=some... Please help me out this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catgovind
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing text in file1 with list from file2

I am trying to automate a process of searching through a set of files and replace all occurrences of a formatted text with the next item in the list of a second file. Basically i need to replace all instances of T????CLK???? with an IP address from a list in a second file. the second file is one IP... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovetail
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of line on all lines

Hi, I've spent some time researching for this but can't seem to find a solution. I have a file like this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00There will be multiple lines in the file with the same kind of format. For every line I need to make it this 1234|Test|20101111|18:00|19:00||create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of every line

I've scoured the internet with mixed results. As an amateur I turn to the great minds here. I have a text file of 80 or so lines. I want to add ".pdf" to the end of each line. (For now that's it) Most of the internet points toward using "sed". I don't know coding but can figure things out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacebase
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a certain line and append text to the end of the line

After I create printer queues in AIX, I have to append a filter file location within that printers custom file. within lets say test_queue.txt I need to find the row that starts with :699 and then I need to append on the end the string /usr/local/bin/k_portrait.sh. Now I've gotten the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peachclift
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

look for line from FILE1 at FILE2

Hi guys! I'm trying to write something to find each line of file1 into file2, if line is found return YES, if not found return NO. The result can be written to a new file. Can you please help me out? FILE1 INPUT: WATER CAR SNAKE (in reality this file has about 600 lines each with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append two files(file1 and file2) Please help me?

Hi I have two files file1 and file2 File1 10,000 entries:It has 3 columns below. conn=232257 client=xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:60491 protocol=LDAP File2 has 500 entries It has two columns. conn=232257 dn="uid=xxxx,ou=xxxx,ou=xxxx,dc=xxxxx,dc=xxxx" conn=232398... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy(append ) the contents of file1 and file2 to file3

Platform : Oracle linux 6.5 I have two log files with the following contents # ls -l total 8 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 75 Dec 10 20:55 myLogfile1.log -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 51 Dec 10 20:57 myLogfile2.log # # cat myLogfile1.log hello world jaded zombies acted quaintly but kept driving... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies
BAD144(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 BAD144(8)

NAME
bad144 -- read/write DEC standard 144 bad sector information SYNOPSIS
bad144 [-c] [-f] [-v] disk [sno [bad ...]] bad144 -a [-c] [-f] [-v] disk [bad ...] DESCRIPTION
bad144 can be used to inspect the information stored on a disk that is used by the disk drivers to implement bad sector forwarding. The bad144 tool is only installed on supported platforms. Available options: -a The argument list consists of new bad sectors to be added to an existing list. The new sectors are sorted into the list, which must have been in order. Replacement sectors are moved to accommodate the additions; the new replacement sectors are cleared. -c Forces an attempt to copy the old sector to the replacement, and may be useful when replacing an unreliable sector. -f (vax only) For a RP06, RM03, RM05, Fujitsu Eagle, or SMD disk on a MASSBUS, the -f option may be used to mark the new bad sectors as ``bad'' by reformatting them as unusable sectors. This option is required unless the sectors have already been marked bad, or the system will not be notified that it should use the replacement sector. This option may be used while running multiuser; it is no longer necessary to perform format operations while running single-user. -v The entire process is described as it happens in gory detail if -v (verbose) is given. The format of the information is specified by DEC standard 144, as follows. The bad sector information is located in the first 5 even num- bered sectors of the last track of the disk pack. There are five identical copies of the information, described by the dkbad structure. Replacement sectors are allocated starting with the first sector before the bad sector information and working backwards towards the begin- ning of the disk. A maximum of 126 bad sectors are supported. The position of the bad sector in the bad sector table determines the replacement sector to which it corresponds. The bad sectors must be listed in ascending order. The bad sector information and replacement sectors are conventionally only accessible through the ``c'' file system partition of the disk. If that partition is used for a file system, the user is responsible for making sure that it does not overlap the bad sector information or any replacement sectors. Thus, one track plus 126 sectors must be reserved to allow use of all of the possible bad sector replacements. The bad sector structure is as follows: struct dkbad { int32_t bt_csn; /* cartridge serial number */ u_int16_t bt_mbz; /* unused; should be 0 */ u_int16_t bt_flag; /* -1 => alignment cartridge */ struct bt_bad { u_int16_t bt_cyl; /* cylinder number of bad sector */ u_int16_t bt_trksec; /* track and sector number */ } bt_bad[126]; }; Unused slots in the bt_bad array are filled with all bits set, a putatively illegal value. bad144 is invoked by giving a device name (e.g. wd0, hk0, hp1, etc.). With no optional arguments it reads the first sector of the last track of the corresponding disk and prints out the bad sector information. It issues a warning if the bad sectors are out of order. bad144 may also be invoked with a serial number for the pack and a list of bad sectors. It will write the supplied information into all copies of the bad-sector file, replacing any previous information. Note, however, that bad144 does not arrange for the specified sectors to be marked bad in this case. This procedure should only be used to restore known bad sector information which was destroyed. It is no longer necessary to reboot to allow the kernel to reread the bad-sector table from the drive. SEE ALSO
badsect(8) HISTORY
The bad144 command appeared in 4.1BSD. BUGS
It should be possible to format disks on-line under 4BSD. It should be possible to mark bad sectors on drives of all type. On an 11/750, the standard bootstrap drivers used to boot the system do not understand bad sectors, handle ECC errors, or the special SSE (skip sector) errors of RM80-type disks. This means that none of these errors can occur when reading the file /netbsd to boot. Sectors 0-15 of the disk drive must also not have any of these errors. The drivers which write a system core image on disk after a crash do not handle errors; thus the crash dump area must be free of errors and bad sectors. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD