Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select a specific part of the string and print it Post 302476112 by TECK on Tuesday 30th of November 2010 10:11:30 PM
Old 11-30-2010
Select a specific part of the string and print it

Hi all,

I have a string that looks like:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

options="arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc"

My goal is to transform the string into an array, then for each key, if it starts with "--proxy" to print the string after the equal sign:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

options=("arguments: --user=alpha --group=beta --prefix=/usr/share --proxy-path=/proxy --proxy-tmp=/tmp --conf-path=/etc")
for i in ${options[*]}; do
	if [ $i starts with "--proxy" ]; then
		option="the value present after the = sign"
		chmod 0755 $option
	fi
done

Thanks a lot for your help.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cut and print part of a string

I have a file that contains: yahoo.com.23456 web.log.common.us.gov.8675 192.168.1.55.34443 john-doe.about.com.22233 64.222.3.4.120 sunny.ca.4442 how can i remove the strings after the last dot (.) and reprint the file? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print part of string

I have a file called file.txt It contains strings: ALT=someone@acme.com TO=whoever@lalalulu.com How could find and print the actual address after the = sign for any given instance? I need the command to print one of them - for example someone@acme.com But have in mind that this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print String Every Specific Line

Dear All, I have input file like this, 001 059 079 996 758 079 069 059 079 ... ... Desired output: AA 001 BB 059 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

6. Programming

Query to SELECT only Column Names that Contain a Specific String?

Hey Guys, I'm using SQuirreL SQL v3.5 GUI to fetch some data that I need for something I'm working on. I'm also using the IBM Informix Driver (*Version 3.5) to connect to the Database. What I want to do, if it's even possible, is to show all COLUMNS if they contain the word "Email". So in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print particular string in a field of csv file - part 2

Hi, all I need your help and suggestions. I want to print particular strings in a field of a csv file and show them in terminal. Here is an example of the csv file. SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print string if tag is specific value

In the below awk I am trying to print expName only if another tag planExecuted is true. In addition to the expName I am also printing planShortID. For some reason the word experiment gets printed so I remove it with sed. I have attached the complete index.html as well as included a sample of it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3) 			     curl_easy_setopt options				   CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST - verify the proxy certificate's name against host SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST, long verify); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long set to 2L as asking curl to verify in the HTTPS proxy's certificate name fields against the proxy name. This option determines whether libcurl verifies that the proxy cert contains the correct name for the name it is known as. When CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3) is 2, the proxy certificate must indicate that the server is the proxy to which you meant to connect to, or the connection fails. Curl considers the proxy the intended one when the Common Name field or a Subject Alternate Name field in the certificate matches the host name in the proxy string which you told curl to use. When the verify value is 1L, curl_easy_setopt will return an error and the option value will not be changed due to old legacy reasons. When the verify value is 0L, the connection succeeds regardless of the names used in the certificate. Use that ability with caution! See also CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) to verify the digital signature of the proxy certificate. If libcurl is built against NSS and CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3) is zero, CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3) is also set to zero and cannot be overridden. DEFAULT
2 PROTOCOLS
All protocols when used over a HTTPS proxy. EXAMPLE
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "https://example.com"); /* Set the default value: strict name check please */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 2L); curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.52.0. If built TLS enabled. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if TLS is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. If 1 is set as argument, CURLE_BAD_FUNCTION_ARGUMENT is returned. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3), CURLOPT_PROXY_CAINFO(3), , CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER(3), CURLOPT_CAINFO(3), , libcurl 7.54.0 December 16, 2016 CURLOPT_PROXY_SSL_VERIFYHOST(3)