Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Airport using semaphores and shared memo Post 302476061 by Turbo on Tuesday 30th of November 2010 05:50:03 PM
Old 11-30-2010
Airport using semaphores and shared memo

Hi
just doin' this here for the naval school, back here in Pportugal, and needed some help, especially with the shared memo i want to use for the 10 airport gate, and the maximum of 4 planes preparing to leave; canīt figure out how the gate can be id by the same PID. WELL, if someone wants to know the general, the main idea is to create PIDs on a program done in unix bases, that should work in 2 modes (switch), one on automatic (just puting in the frequency of generating the planes) and the manual conf, by putting in the max of planes to generate and the frequency; only 15 planes are allowed in the air, the others are sent to an other airport;one at a time in the landing route, four gate for passagers move in, and 4 allowed to leave.
Will appreciate your help
greetsSmilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

semaphores and shared memory

hello, Can any one please answer these 2 questions? 1. What is the purpose of SEMAPHORES and SHARED MEMORY on a Unix platform? 2. What would require a SYS. ADMIN to set SEMAPHORES and SHARED MEMORY on a Unix platform? Thanks, Ted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ted
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

Airport using semaphores and shared memo

Hi just doin' this here for the naval school, back here in Pportugal, and needed some help, especially with the shared memo i want to use for the 10 airport gate, and the maximum of 4 planes preparing to leave; canīt figure out how the gate can be id by the same PID. WELL, if someone wants to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Turbo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

MEMO: Issue with a for loop

Can someone help me what i am doing wrong with this: apsrvrport1=28548 stcmsport1=28507 apsrvrport2=38548 stcmsport2=38507 apsrvrport3=48548 stcmsport3=48507 apsrvrport4=58548 stcmsport4=58507 apsrvrport5=38048 stcmsport5=38007 apsrvrport6=27548 stcmsport6=27507 apsrvrport7=37548... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
6 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Airport ID instead of machine name in Terminal

Hi. When I open a Terminal window instead of getting the machine's name (i.e. Joe-Bloggs-laptop) I get `unknown-00-1x-5x-cx-ex-ex:~ bloggs$' which is the Mac's Airport ID (ID munged). I'm on a wireless LAN with one other laptop & three iPhones (Macs running 10.6.8 & iPhones all up to date). ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: phildobbin
9 Replies

5. Linux

HOW CAN I PRINT OUT THE MEMO ONLY?

I tried to print out external memo in LINUX system, however, each time in the print out also print out M--. M--. in front of the external memo, my question is HOW CAN I PRINT OUT THE MEMO ONLY? THANKS (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottblee
0 Replies
DBFDUMP(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						DBFDUMP(1)

NAME
dbfdump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbfdump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbfdump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbfdump -fs=' : ' table dbfdump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbfdump - DESCRIPTION
Dbfdump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AUTHOR
(c) 1998--1999 Jan Pazdziora, adelton@fi.muni.cz, http://www.fi.muni.cz/~adelton/ at Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3) perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 DBFDUMP(1)