Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming FORTRAN -Returning index fir which values fall in a region Post 302476043 by kristinu on Tuesday 30th of November 2010 04:39:54 PM
Old 11-30-2010
Have written a subroutine that gives an error if values are not in ascending order. In my case, I do not sort the array. This is because should the values not be in ascending order, then there must be a problem with the data.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning Values (shell Script)

I have an application on Informix 4GL, and I am invoking the shell script from the program, but I need to know if the shell script work fine or not, in order to continue the process. I know that we can use $? to get the final status but this is on unix command. How can I return a value from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer01
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning values from child to parent shell

I need to send the status from child shell failure to parent shell. I would like to know how could we accomplish this. My parent.sh is as below: #!/bin/ksh set -x echo "I am in parent shell now..." child.sh ret_stat=$? echo "rest_stat=$ret_stat" echo "I am below parent shell end..." ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheepi
4 Replies

3. Solaris

awk/nawk returning decimal values?

Hi Running a specific nawk statement over a 17m lines files returns the following: /bin/nawk: not enough args in ..... input record number 1,25955e+06, file test.1 source line number 1 I'd like to report the line number (in bold above) in decimal not floating so that i can spot it out. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moutaye
1 Replies

4. Programming

random array index returning values not contained

For kicks I wrote up a Password generator after lunch. Let me start with the code: unsigned int x,y,z,c; unsigned int KISS(); unsigned int devrand(); int main( int argc, char** argv ) { int i, j = 1; char pwd = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: VRoemer
5 Replies

5. Programming

returning multiple values from a function in C

hi how can I return multiple values from a C function. I tried the following: #include <stdio.h> void foo(int id, char *first_name, char *last_name) { /* this is just an example to illustrate my problem... real code makes use of the "id" parameter. */ first_name = (char... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrewkl
8 Replies

6. Programming

FORTRAN: Getting Consecutive DIST Values

I have this code and I want to get the first two consecutive distances (obtained by calling GET_TH(IT, 'DIST', DIST) at index IT, the result stored in DIST) for which (ITFLG(IT) .NE. 1). L_FIRST get the first DIST for which ITFLG(IT) .NE. 1. Getting a bit confused on how to achieve this. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding index values

I have an array XOFFS of size N. I have VDISTMIN and VDISTMAX. I want to find the beginning and and index in XOFFS such that values are within Example Let XOFFS = (10 20 30 40 50) If VDISTMIN = -20 and VDISTMAX = 20 Then ISTR = 1 and IEND = 2 as XOFFS through XOFFS fall within the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

For loop returning more values

Hi All, Thanks all of you for the help you provide to me. Well, I have one more problem, where I am trying to pull file system information in the loop and display the filesystem percentege. I am using following code to achive this, nut it's giving the weired output. My file system is ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output breaking when returning multiple values

I've been trying to write a command-line function to grab a website's MX records and their ip addresses. The code below works with domains that only have one MX record: function kmx { mx=`host -t MX $1 | awk '{ print $7 }'`; ip=`host $mx | sed '/IPv6/d;/handled/d' | awk '{ print $4 }'`; ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning multiple values in Shell

Hi I have a code as the following #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x row() { a=$1 b=$2 c=$(($a + $b)) d=$(($a * $b)) echo $a $b } e=`row 2 3` set $e echo "The value of c is $c" echo "The value of d is $d" My requirement is I need to pass two arguments to a function and return two values... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
5 Replies
SLAPO-VALSORT(5)						File Formats Manual						  SLAPO-VALSORT(5)

NAME
slapo-valsort - Value Sorting overlay to slapd SYNOPSIS
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf DESCRIPTION
The Value Sorting overlay can be used with a backend database to sort the values of specific multi-valued attributes within a subtree. The sorting occurs whenever the attributes are returned in a search response. Sorting can be specified in ascending or descending order, using either numeric or alphanumeric sort methods. Additionally, a "weighted" sort can be specified, which uses a numeric weight prepended to the attribute values. The weighted sort is always performed in ascending order, but may be combined with the other methods for values that all have equal weights. The weight is specified by prepending an integer weight {<weight>} in front of each value of the attribute for which weighted sorting is desired. This weighting factor is stripped off and never returned in search results. CONFIGURATION
These slapd.conf options apply to the Value Sorting overlay. They should appear after the overlay directive. valsort-attr <attribute> <baseDN> (<sort-method> | weighted [<sort-method>]) Configure a sorting method for the specified attribute in the subtree rooted at baseDN. The sort-method may be one of alpha-ascend, alpha-descend, numeric-ascend, or numeric-descend. If the special weighted method is specified, a secondary sort-method may also be specified. It is an error to specify an alphanumeric sort-method for an attribute with Integer or NumericString syntax, and it is an error to specify a numeric sort-method for an attribute with a syntax other than Integer or NumericString. EXAMPLES
database bdb suffix dc=example,dc=com ... overlay valsort valsort-attr member ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com alpha-ascend FILES
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf default slapd configuration file SEE ALSO
slapd.conf(5), slapd-config(5). ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module was written in 2005 by Howard Chu of Symas Corporation. The work was sponsored by Stanford University. OpenLDAP 2.4.28 2011/11/24 SLAPO-VALSORT(5)