Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO 6.0 Freeze
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6.0 Freeze Post 302475941 by atish0 on Tuesday 30th of November 2010 10:58:34 AM
Old 11-30-2010
Hi cclonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclonan
You might need the OSS711a patch from SCO. It fixes a problem with kernel panics and system hangs. It is available on their website.
are you referring to OSS714A. I have MP4 installed (OSS711).

in the boot file /stand/boot our consultant has added ENABLE_4GB_MEM=YES

and so far the system has not frozzen.

---------- Post updated at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:52 AM ----------

Hi cclonan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclonan
You might need the OSS711a patch from SCO. It fixes a problem with kernel panics and system hangs. It is available on their website.
are you refereing to OSS714A. I have MP4 installed (OSS711).

in the boot file /stand/boot our consultant has added ENABLE_4GB_MEM=YES

and so far the system has not frozzen.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP5 Script 'Freeze' before exiting

I recently upgraded a system from php 4.4.2 to php 5.2.1, and one of my scripts has started behaving very strangely. I've tried google but come up blank so far. Basically what the script does is select a large amount of data from a mysql (4.1.21) database, do some manipulation, the plots a graph... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unbeliever
4 Replies

2. Linux

How to trace the module after system freeze?

Hi, I wrote a kernel module that did a virtual network protocol and library that provide interface for application use to interact with the kernel module by ioctl actions. insmod the module and unload the module, there will be no problem. But once I call the library with my example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

3. SCO

Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi, My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Ravikumar R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
4 Replies

4. AIX

Freeze user in one directory

Guy's I have user calld appuser home directory of this user is : /app/application when this user login , user will be direct under this directory /app/application I want to keep and freeze this user in his home directory to be able to access only his home directory and denied it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

5. Linux

grub2 startup freeze

I got a dual boot with grub2, but everytime I turn on the computer and the booter is loaded, I can't handle the menu, so I am forced to wait the countdown and choose the default option. I'd really like to know why! This is my grub.cfg, # # DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE # # It is automatically... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
0 Replies

6. Debian

Debian on ia64 install - freeze

Hi I try to install debian 6.0.1 on hp rx2600. I boot from the CD i get first boot menu ( i can choose Install/Install(expert)/Rescue modes) after i choose one of above i see messages like : (..) Uncompressing linux..done. (...) Loading file /initrd.gz.. done (...) Linux Version... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chesti
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 11 install freeze

Hi, I tried to boot the Solaris 11 install DVD the other day and I can't get past the "SunOS" text banner on the clear/newscreen. It just hangs with a solid block cursor. I have a new computer and that might be the problem, but what I want is more verbosity maybe, some kind of detailed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eax
2 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
BOOTCTL(1)							      bootctl								BOOTCTL(1)

NAME
bootctl - Control the firmware and boot manager settings SYNOPSIS
bootctl [OPTIONS...] status bootctl [OPTIONS...] list bootctl [OPTIONS...] update bootctl [OPTIONS...] install bootctl [OPTIONS...] remove DESCRIPTION
bootctl checks, updates, installs or removes the boot loader from the current system. bootctl status checks and prints the currently installed versions of the boot loader binaries and all current EFI boot variables. bootctl list displays all configured boot loader entries. bootctl update updates all installed versions of systemd-boot, if the current version is newer than the version installed in the EFI system partition. This also includes the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created if there is no current entry. The created entry will be added to the end of the boot order list. bootctl install installs systemd-boot into the EFI system partition. A copy of systemd-boot will be stored as the EFI default/fallback loader at /EFI/BOOT/BOOT*.EFI. A systemd-boot entry in the EFI boot variables is created and added to the top of the boot order list. bootctl remove removes all installed versions of systemd-boot from the EFI system partition, and removes systemd-boot from the EFI boot variables. If no command is passed, status is implied. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. --path= Path to the EFI System Partition (ESP). If not specified, /efi, /boot, and /boot/efi are checked in turn. It is recommended to mount the ESP to /boot, if possible. -p, --print-path This option modifies the behaviour of status. Just print the path to the EFI System Partition (ESP) to standard output and exit. --no-variables Do not touch the EFI boot variables. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
Boot loader specification[1] systemd boot loader interface[2] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec 2. systemd boot loader interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/BootLoaderInterface systemd 237 BOOTCTL(1)