Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script Post 302475818 by titanic4u on Tuesday 30th of November 2010 04:07:21 AM
Old 11-30-2010
Thank you very much everyone for these solution........Smilie

Thanks.........Sandeep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash string replace

Bash shell. I'm trying to filter a string taken from user input. I can replace one word at a time. This method supports regex, so is it possible to replace various words at a time? STRING="Hello World! word1 word2"; FILTERED=${STRING/word1|word2/}; # Not working: replace 2 or more words ??? ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: limmer
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace numbers by string

Hi! I need the following script: - All numbers in a filename (0-9) have to be replace by a String ("Zero"-"Nine") - The script has to go through all the files in the current directory and has to replace the numbers as described above... I have no idea how to do this... Thanks! Michael (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michi21609
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

requesting available port with shell script

how do I request a new and available local port (TCP) to use with shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmylita
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help with shell script

I have been viewing man pages and using google with little luck so far. I am writing a shell script using wbemcli. I can execute the command and get the results I need just fine. ex. wbemcli -nl ein 'http://<username>:<password>@<host>/<targetpc>/root/wmi:MSAcpi_ThermalZoneTemperature' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scott Post
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to accept password and replace characters with * as they are typed

I googled this and couldn't find an answer, so I rolled my own. Here it is, hope it helps. Feel free to improve on it. #!/bin/bash PWORD= ANYKEY=0 echo -n "Password: " until do read -N 1 -s ANYKEY echo -n "*" PWORD="$PWORD$ANYKEY" done echo echo $PWORD exit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisdames
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace a String using Bash

I'm going freakin crazy here! I've tried multiple attempts and configurationa and cannot get this to work. I have a file: private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list I want to replace a string in this file: "deb http:name.of.address ./" with "deb http:name.of.other.address ./" The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thazsar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script reg-exp , replace , open and write

Hi All I am a new in scripting language and I would like help for you guys I would like to create a file named constant.h and search into all files *.m in specific directory for a reg-exp @"LBL_]+" exp: @"LBL_75847" , and write those matchs to constant.h if there are not written (no... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to replace a character with another

Hi. I'm a complete noob when it comes to scripting. I have approximately 2000 files scattered throughout different locations that I need to rename. The current files have a character, "." , that needs to be replaced with an underscore. I have no clue which route to go about correcting this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

BASH Internal : Replace pattern with string without external command

Morning, I'm trying step up my scripting game .. :rolleyes::confused::D Is there a way to do the replacement with an or without using an external command ? I did try but no joy. var=${var//\(|\)/} #!/bin/bash var="lulus.UbiRwidgets.com (10.1.1.1)" var=${var//\(/}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash] - Replace blank and string in csv file

Hi all, i have a .csv file with only two columns, like: Login;Status Luca;S Marco; Stefano; Elettra;S Laura; ... I need to replace the blank space on Status column whit Enabled end, on the same column, S whit Disabled, like: Login;Status Luca;Disabled Marco;Enabled Stefano;Enabled... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamose
10 Replies
SPPRFS(l)								 )								 SPPRFS(l)

NAME
SPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IWORK( * ) REAL AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
SPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the symmetric matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) REAL array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**T*U or A = L*L**T, as computed by SPPTRF/CPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by SPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) REAL array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension (3*N) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SPPRFS(l)