Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to extract one column from csv file in perl? Post 302475770 by kvth on Monday 29th of November 2010 11:45:05 PM
Old 11-30-2010
here is the entire code..!!

here is the entire code..what i am using right now..!!

Code:

#!C:/perl/bin
use warnings;
use strict;

my $file1 = $ARGV[0];
my @input = "";
my @line;
open FILE1, "<$file1"
    or die "Can't open $file1: $!\n";

while(<FILE1>)

my @line = split(/,/, $_);
       $line[19] = 10;
       foreach(@line)
       {
       print "$_\t";
       }
       print "\n";

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract values from column with Perl

Hi everybody I have some problems with PERL programming. I have a file with two columns, both with numeric values. I have to extract the values > 50 from the 2nd columns and sum them among them. The I have to sum the respective values in the first column on the same line and, at the end, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_elena
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract csv based on column value

Hi I have a csv file which is below A,5 B,6 C,10 D,7 I want the values who's second column is greater than 7 say C,10 D,7 Help me please... Thanks, Maruth (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthavanan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract second column from a xls

Can Anyone tell me how to extract the second column of a xls sheet And compare the content of each row of the column with a .h file. xls sheet is having only one spreadsheet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract first column from second line in perl

Hello Gurus I have a source file which has the first line as header and the rest are the records I need to extract the first column from the second line to extract a value I/P ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

3 column .csv --> correlation matrix; awk, perl?

Greetings, salutations. I have a 3 column csv file with ~13 million rows and I would like to generate a correlation matrix. Interestingly, you all previously provided a solution to the inverse of this problem. Thread title: "awk? adjacency matrix to adjacency list / correlation matrix to list"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: R3353
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to grep a particular column in CSV format

Hi I want to grep a column 6 & column 7 from a CSV Format file & then i have to find the difference between these columns as these both columns contains date & time in 7/7/2012 9:20 this format . So kindly help me out ASAP. But please kindly dis xls has to be converted in csv format as may... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek@123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regexp to extract first and second column

Hi, I am trying with the below Perl one-liner using regular expression to extract the first and second column of a text file: perl -p -e "s/\s*(\w+).*/$1/" perl -p -e "s/\s*.+\s(.+)\s*/$1\n/" whereas the text file's data looks like: Error: terminated 2233 Warning: reboot 3434 Warning:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Extract first column from file

Hi, I want to extract first column from a file and redirect the output to another file in perl. I am able to do this from command line by executing below commands. perl -anle 'print $F' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -ne '@F = split("\t", $_); print "$F\n";' Input.dat > Output.dat perl -anE... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How do I extract specific column in multiple csv files?

file1: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,47 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,13 GEThomeLayout,100,30466,0.00%,17 file2: Name,Threshold,Curr Samples,Curr Error%,Curr ART GETHome,100,21601,0.00%,33 GETregistry,100,21592,0.00%,22... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raghuram717
6 Replies
MARC::Batch(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  MARC::Batch(3pm)

NAME
MARC::Batch - Perl module for handling files of MARC::Record objects SYNOPSIS
MARC::Batch hides all the file handling of files of "MARC::Record"s. "MARC::Record" still does the file I/O, but "MARC::Batch" handles the multiple-file aspects. use MARC::Batch; # If you have werid control fields... use MARC::Field; MARC::Field->allow_controlfield_tags('FMT', 'LDX'); my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', @files ); while ( my $marc = $batch->next ) { print $marc->subfield(245,"a"), " "; } EXPORT
None. Everything is a class method. METHODS
new( $type, @files ) Create a "MARC::Batch" object that will process @files. $type must be either "USMARC" or "MicroLIF". If you want to specify "MARC::File::USMARC" or "MARC::File::MicroLIF", that's OK, too. "new()" returns a new MARC::Batch object. @files can be a list of filenames: my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', 'file1.marc', 'file2.marc' ); Your @files may also contain filehandles. So if you've got a large file that's gzipped you can open a pipe to gzip and pass it in: my $fh = IO::File->new( 'gunzip -c marc.dat.gz |' ); my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', $fh ); And you can mix and match if you really want to: my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', $fh, 'file1.marc' ); next() Read the next record from that batch, and return it as a MARC::Record object. If the current file is at EOF, close it and open the next one. "next()" will return "undef" when there is no more data to be read from any batch files. By default, "next()" also will return "undef" if an error is encountered while reading from the batch. If not checked for this can cause your iteration to terminate prematurely. To alter this behavior, see "strict_off()". You can retrieve warning messages using the "warnings()" method. Optionally you can pass in a filter function as a subroutine reference if you are only interested in particular fields from the record. This can boost performance. strict_off() If you would like "MARC::Batch" to continue after it has encountered what it believes to be bad MARC data then use this method to turn strict OFF. A call to "strict_off()" always returns true(1). "strict_off()" can be handy when you don't care about the quality of your MARC data, and just want to plow through it. For safety, "MARC::Batch" strict is ON by default. strict_on() The opposite of "strict_off()", and the default state. You shouldn't have to use this method unless you've previously used "strict_off()", and want it back on again. When strict is ON calls to next() will return undef when an error is encountered while reading MARC data. strict_on() always returns true(1). warnings() Returns a list of warnings that have accumulated while processing a particular batch file. As a side effect the warning buffer will be cleared. my @warnings = $batch->warnings(); This method is also used internally to set warnings, so you probably don't want to be passing in anything as this will set warnings on your batch object. "warnings()" will return the empty list when there are no warnings. warnings_off() Turns off the default behavior of printing warnings to STDERR. However, even with warnings off the messages can still be retrieved using the warnings() method if you wish to check for them. "warnings_off()" always returns true(1). warnings_on() Turns on warnings so that diagnostic information is printed to STDERR. This is on by default so you shouldn't have to use it unless you've previously turned off warnings using warnings_off(). warnings_on() always returns true(1). filename() Returns the currently open filename or "undef" if there is not currently a file open on this batch object. RELATED MODULES
MARC::Record, MARC::Lint TODO
None yet. Send me your ideas and needs. LICENSE
This code may be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. Please note that these modules are not products of or supported by the employers of the various contributors to the code. AUTHOR
Andy Lester, "<andy@petdance.com>" perl v5.10.1 2010-03-29 MARC::Batch(3pm)