Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl oneliner not works .pl script Post 302475726 by anspks on Monday 29th of November 2010 05:37:57 PM
Old 11-29-2010
Birei,
It works when i put this is unix prompt but its not working inside a perl script,

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
print `perl -lane 'print(@F[0..2]) if grep(/abc/, $_)' /home/test/file.txt > a.txt`;;

<error>
Possible unintended interpolation of @F in string at ./new.pl line 17.
Global symbol "@F" requires explicit package name at ./new.pl line 17.
</error>

Reason i am putting in script is, i have to process like this for different columns also inside a main foreach loop. This loop goes line by line in that file.txt.
Please help me to make this one-liner to work inside the perl script. Thanks.

Regards,
Prabhu

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 11-30-2010 at 05:21 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how come this script works?

#!/usr/bin/perl open (DATA, file.txt); @array = <DATA>; close (DATA); open (DATA, ">$file.txt"); for (@array) { s/text/replace text/; push(@contents,$_); } seek(DATA, 0, 0); print DATA (@contents); close(DATA); could someone please explain how this works. i've been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a df -h oneliner..

can any one suggest some one liner such that when executed will display df -h output of the mount points that are 90% or more that it.. and not the remaining.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl oneliner to cut the file

Hi I have a file say text.txt and has data as below. text.txt ------- /abc/def/tom/hanks /abc/def/al/pacino /def/dgg/matt/damon Now I have to cut the field 3 and field 4 treating / as delimiter and save in the same file. Below is the how the output should be in the same file. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oneliner ---split string to character by piping shell output to perl

Hello, I was trying to split a string to characters by perl oneliner. echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | perl -e 'split // ' But did not work as with bash script pipe: echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | fold -w1 | sort | uniq -ic 8 1 T 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - oneliner vs multiple line .

Dear Awk Experts, I can write oneliner some time but find difficulty writing like a flow of a program in multiple lines, could you please help how to write awk program , like long awk programs, any help to start with, For example, How to write this in multiple line: ls -l | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Command works in terminal, but not in shell script

Hi, the following command works in the terminal no problem. samtools view -h rawlib.bam | perl -ne '{ @line = split( /\s+/ ); $match = 0; while( $line =~ /(\d+)M/g ) { $match = $match + $1 } if( $match >= 80 || $_ =~ /^\@/ ) { print $_ } }' | java -Xmx12G -jar... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdilts
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl error in batch command but works one at a time

In the below perl executes if one file is processed perfect. However, when multiple files are processed in batch which is preferred I get the below error that I can not seem to fix it as the '' necessary for the command to execute, but seem to only work for one -arg option. Thank you :). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand how the line in perl program works as shell commend

I have a file with two line, one is header, the other actual value: TYPCD|ETID2|ETID|LEG ID|PTYP|PTYP SUB|TRD STATUS|CXL REASON|CACT|CACTNM|ENCD|ENC D NM|TRDR|ASDT|TRDT|MTDT|STDT|LS|SECID|SECID TYP|SECNM|PAR|STCC|MARKET PRICE|DIS MARKET PRICE|MARKET PRICE CURRENCY|SRC OF SETTLEMENT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies
install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::apiUserdContributinstall::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::ModPerl::Global(3)

NAME
ModPerl::Global -- Perl API for manipulating special Perl lists Synopsis use ModPerl::Global (); my $package = 'MyApache2::Package'; # make the END blocks of this package special ModPerl::Global::special_list_register(END => $package); # Execute all encoutered END blocks from this package now ModPerl::Global::special_list_call( END => $package); # delete the list of END blocks ModPerl::Global::special_list_clear( END => $package); Description "ModPerl::Global" provides an API to manipulate special perl lists. At the moment only the "END" blocks list is supported. This API allows you to change the normal Perl behavior, and execute special lists when you need to. For example "ModPerl::RegistryCooker" uses it to run "END" blocks in the scripts at the end of each request. Before loading a module containing package $package, you need to register it, so the special blocks will be intercepted by mod_perl and not given to Perl. "special_list_register" does that. Later on when you want to execute the special blocks, "special_list_call" should be called. Unless you want to call the list more than once, clear the list with "special_list_clear". API
"ModPerl::Global" provides the following methods: "special_list_call" Call the special list $ok = special_list_call($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 "special_list_clear" Clear the special list $ok = special_list_clear($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 "special_list_register" Register the special list $ok = special_list_call($key => $package); arg1: $key ( string ) The name of the special list. At the moment only 'END' is supported. arg2: $package ( string ) what package to special list is for ret: $ok ( boolean ) true value if $key is known, false otherwise. since: 2.0.00 Notice that you need to register the package before it is loaded. If you register it after, Perl has already compiled the "END" blocks and there are no longer under your control. See Also mod_perl 2.0 documentation. Copyright mod_perl 2.0 and its core modules are copyrighted under The Apache Software License, Version 2.0. Authors The mod_perl development team and numerous contributors. perl v5.18.2 20install::TempContent::Objects::mod_perl-2.0.9::docs::api::ModPerl::Global(3)