Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pythonqt scriptint & orting to lower version Post 302475700 by DGPickett on Monday 29th of November 2010 02:54:50 PM
Old 11-29-2010
Can you do a local (non-root) install of the supporting version?

Putting the right dir at the top of $LD_LIBRARY_PATH always helps.

Last edited by DGPickett; 11-30-2010 at 05:53 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the difference : SunOS & Solaris Version.

Sorry I think someone already pointed out this but I couldn't find it. Please tell me what is the difference between SunOS Version and Solaris Version. What is the purpose of maintaining these two things ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Version && nextfile

How can I find which version of Awk is installed? OpSystem is HPUX 11.x I am getting an error when trying to use the keyword nextfile and I dont know why! (Well, I can only assume that I have am using a version of Awk that does not support nextfile. However, according to O'Reilly, nextfile is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

malloc returning NULL if freemem high & swapmem low (MPRAS version 3.03 )

Hi All,:) In my application malloc is returning NULL even though there is sufficient amount of free memory available but the swap memory is low. Is this possible that, if free memory is high & swap memory is low, malloc will not be able to allocate memory & return NULL ? Few details: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ritesh Kumar
4 Replies

4. Web Development

apache2 & two php versions, how to use specific version

Hi all, I have my Debian web server, where apache2 and php 5.2.0 are installed from debian package. It worked fine, both in CLI & Browser. Recently i installed the php 5.2.9 from the source. To verify it i executed the "php --version" and it is showing 5.2.9 . But in the browser still it is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
19 Replies

5. SCO

SCO & Informix SE version 7

hi, I need to download Informix SE version 7 for SCO but i could'nt find the link. please if someone can send me the link. thinks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whisper
1 Replies

6. AIX

Does anyone know the version of make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3?

Could you tell me the version of default make on AIX 5.1 & 5.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redraiment
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with AT&T UNIX SYSTEM V Version 4 Console Login

Hello I install AT&T UNIX System V Release 4 Version 2.1 (3.5) on Emulator Bochs 2.6.8 here I done with all Base .img file upload after uploading 10 the base img file System take restart and after that System ask for console Login. which is as root and password set by me. But it will NOT allow... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Nalange
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute script in Folder with Lower & Upper case

My script test.sh requires an argument and it could be present on a list of servers under a folder with name either in upper or lower case like below: For example: i want a generic command for calling the test.sh script and pass one argument Below is what i tried but it is failing ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
BOS_INSTALL(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_INSTALL(8)

NAME
bos_install - Installs a new version of a binary file SYNOPSIS
bos install -server <machine name> -file <files to install>+ [-dir <destination dir>] [-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help] bos i -s <machine name> -f <files to install>+ [-d <destination dir>] [-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos install command copies each binary file specified with the -file argument to the local disk of the server machine named by the -server argument, which is normally the binary distribution machine for its CPU/operating system type. The destination directory is /usr/lib/openafs unless the -dir argument indicates an alternate directory. The source file's UNIX mode bits are preserved in the transfer. If there is already a file of the same name in the destination directory, the BOS Server automatically saves it by adding a ".BAK" extension. If there is a current ".BAK" version at least seven days old, it replaces the current ".OLD" version. If there is no current ".OLD" version, the current ".BAK" version becomes the ".OLD" version automatically. The bos getdate command displays the timestamps on the current versions of the file. To start using the new binary immediately, issue the bos restart command. Otherwise, the BOS Server automatically restarts the process at the time defined in the /etc/openafs/BosConfig file; use the bos getrestart command to display the time and the bos setrestart time to set it. OPTIONS
-server <machine name> Indicates the binary distribution machine on which to install the new binaries. Identify the machine by IP address or its host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For details, see bos(8). If the machine is not a binary distribution machine and is running an "upclientbin" process, then the files are overwritten the next time the "upclientbin" process fetches the corresponding file from the distribution machine (by default within five minutes). -file <files to install>+ Specifies the complete pathname of each binary file to copy into the destination directory. Each source directory can be on the local disk or in AFS, in which case the issuer of the bos install command must have the necessary AFS access rights and the local machine must run the Cache Manager. For the BOS Server to create ".BAK" and ".OLD" versions, the last element in the pathname (the filename) must match the name of a file in the destination directory. bos_create(8) lists the standard binary file names. -dir <destination dir> Provides the complete pathname of the local disk directory in which to install binary files. It is necessary only if the destination directory is not /usr/lib/openafs. -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -noauth Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8). -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command copies the file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver to the file /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver on the machine "fs3.abc.com", which is the binary distribution machine for server machines running AIX 4.2 in the "abc.com" cell. The current version of the /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver file is moved to /usr/lib/openafs/vlserver.BAK. % bos install -server fs3.abc.com -file /afs/abc.com/rs_aix42/usr/lib/openafs/vlserver PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. The bos install command cannot be run against servers which are in restricted mode. SEE ALSO
BosConfig(5), KeyFile(5), UserList(5), bos(8), bos_getdate(8), bos_getrestart(8), bos_restart(8), bos_setrestart(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_INSTALL(8)