Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How do i list all locked account in linux? Post 302475571 by Scrutinizer on Monday 29th of November 2010 07:07:04 AM
Old 11-29-2010
Did you run it as root? Are the options listed in man passwd in your distrbution? What message are you getting, what does not work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

3. Linux

Locked out of Mandrake 9.1 user account

Hi all, I've been using linux/unix now only for a couple of months and was doing ok until about 30 minutes ago... I needed to reboot into my windows 2000 partition, so, in a terminal I typed: shutdown -r now which duly rebooted the PC for me. On getting to the OS selection screen I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Re-enabling a locked root account on Trusted HP-UX

I knew I had had seen this somewhere:Q: How can I re-enable my root account when I typed in my password wrong 3 times and the account got disabled? A: When your HP-UX system is in the more secure "trusted system" mode, your account is automatically disabled after you have entered your password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Banner for Locked Account

Hi, I have enable Account lock for failed login attempts. I have configured 1) /etc/security/policy.conf 2)/etc/default/login To lock an account if it make multiple incorrect attempts to login to Solaris 10 server. I can see the account gets locked in /etc/shadow. I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: menonk
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

9. Solaris

User account get locked due to strange behaviours

I am facing strange problem where after three failed login attempt user password must be locked. Actually what is happening, when I take the putty session of the server & enter user name on the prompt at the login prompt & then press enter to enter the password at this time when I checked the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Account getting Locked Everyday between same Time Frame

I am facing an Issue with a particular Unix Account ( ie a particular Userid) getting LOCKED everyday between 7:30am and 8:00am. The Password associated with this particular Account has been setup such that it should never Expire at all but it does LOCK the Account after more than 3 failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
5 Replies
cvsd-passwd(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    cvsd-passwd(8)

NAME
cvsd-passwd - generate password entries for repositories SYNOPSIS
cvsd-passwd REPOS [+|-]NAME... DESCRIPTION
cvsd-passwd adds, updates or deletes users from repository passwd files for use with cvsd. OPTIONS
REPOS Specify the directory in which the repository is located. This argument can be the top of the repository, the CVSROOT directory or even the passwd file in the CVSROOT directory. [+]USER[:SUSER] Add or update the user to the CVSROOT/passwd file. If the user does not exist a password for the user is asked and the user is added for use with cvsd. If the user already exists a password for is asked and the password field is modified. The :SUSER part can be user to change or set mapping to a system user. If you do not specify anything, a reasonable default is used based upon your cvsd configuration. If you don't want to map the user to any specified system user you can specify an empty SUSER and use 'USER:'. -USER Remove the user from the CVSROOT/passwd file. EXAMPLES
Add an anoncvs user to access the given repository: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos +anoncvs If the user already exists, change the password. Remove a user from the repository passwd list: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos -foo Add a user and specify that cvs should remap this user to the joe system user: cvsd-passwd /var/lib/cvsd/myrepos joecvs:joe Note that the user joe should be known in the system passwd file and that cvsd should be run as root or user joe for this to work. SEE ALSO
cvsd(8) AUTHOR
Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>. Version 1.0.24 Jun 2012 cvsd-passwd(8)