Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Remove Permission Help needed. Post 302475487 by pinga123 on Monday 29th of November 2010 02:05:45 AM
Old 11-29-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecows
Code:
cd /root; ls -A | xargs chmod og-rwx

I have requested to change attribute of only hidden file your script is changing attribute for normal file as well.
However i have leaned new thing.
I guess you need to list only hidden files instead of ls -A as it displays hidden as well as normal files without . and ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a File - Help Needed

Hi, I have created a file "-f.txt" or "-f" and now i want to remove this file, I have tried rm -f -f, but you would have understood the problem i am facing. Now please let me know what needs to be done, Also one more question i want to know the difference between Hard Link and Soft Link and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and Remove help needed!!!!

thank you for the help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scooter17
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND and REMOVE HELP NEEDED!!!

Hello, I am aware of that Find command finds certain files and remove command removes certain files. However, is there a way to Find certain DIRECTORY and remove that DIRECTORY? thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scooter17
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: cannot remove `test1.txt': Permission denied

This issue is on RedHat 4AS, and I am pretty sure this is a very basic permission issue. I need to give permission for everyone to move/delete the file that is created by me. How do i do that? Here are the commands I issued: $ id uid=680(praveen) gid=1003(nextgen) groups=1003(nextgen)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_indramo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help me how to script atomatic remove file that are not needed

Im new to this forum and also Unix. I need help to solve this Directory Clean-up. Im not sure how to do but i wish someone could help me out. I have to develop a script that can be used to automatically remove files that are not needed. The final script will be developed in two iterations. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilnbalar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to remove a char from a specified sub-string

Hi! I'm having trouble usind sed to remove the char ' from within a database's varchar register's sql. For example, on the following sql: INSERT INTO patrimonio_municipal.patrimonio_municipal_airc_tmp Values('|Estação Elevatória|',|16723|,'|Grandes Reparações|', '|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cremat0rio
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove Group write permission .

How would i write a command that can find all the objects under the etc directory that have group write permission enabled and have not been accessed in the last X days. This is what i got from internet souce but i m not able to modify it according to my distribution. find /etc -perm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell command to remove some XML tag is needed

Hi all, I have a file which i have to remove some line from it, the lines that i have to remove from my file is as below: </new_name></w"s" langue="Fr-fr" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?> <New_name> and it is finding at the middle of my file, is there any command line in linux to do it or do... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: id_2pc
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed: remove space between certain columns

dear all, i have a data looks like this (i have 3000 columns): rs123 A T T G C C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A A ... rs154 T T G C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A T T G ... rs126 A C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A A A T T G ... I want to remove all the space after the 2nd column and make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Permission problem, programming advice needed, Perl

Hi all, I have written a wrapper script in Perl which will be used on AIX, Linux and Windows and I do not want to change any code for the needs for a specific OS if avoidable. It works fine so far on all 3 OSes, not blowing up any stacks any more, but I am unsure how to handle writing log files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
7 Replies
DPNS-SETACL(1)							DPNS User Commands						    DPNS-SETACL(1)

NAME
dpns-setacl - set DPNS directory/file access control lists SYNOPSIS
dpns-setacl [-d] [-m] [-s] acl_entries path... DESCRIPTION
dpns-setacl sets the Access Control List associated with a DPNS directory/file. acl_entries is a comma separated list of entries. Each entry has colon separated fields: ACL type, id (uid or gid), permission. Only direc- tories can have default ACL entries. The entries look like: user::perm user:uid:perm group::perm group:gid:perm mask:perm other:perm default:user::perm default:user:uid:perm default:group::perm default:group:gid:perm default:mask:perm default:other:perm The ACL type can be abbreviated to the first letter. The first "user" entry gives the permissions granted to the owner of the file. The following "user" entries show the permissions granted to specific users, they are sorted in ascending order of uid. The first "group" entry gives the permissions granted to the group owner of the file. The following "group" entries show the permissions granted to specific groups, they are sorted in ascending order of gid. The "mask" entry is the maximum permission granted to specific users or groups. It does not affect the "owner" and "other" permissions. The "mask" entry must be present if there are specific "user" or "group" entries. "default" entries associated with a directory are inherited as access ACL by the files or sub-directories created in that directory. The umask is not used. Sub-directories also inherit the default ACL as default ACL. As soon as there is one default ACL entry, the 3 default ACL base entries (default user, default group, default other) must be present. The entry processing conforms to the Posix 1003.1e draft standard 17. The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. path specifies the DPNS pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the DPNS_HOME environment variable. uid can be given as the username or the corresponding numeric id. gid can be given as the groupname or the corresponding numeric id. perm can be expressed as a combination of characters rwx- or as a value between 0 and 7. OPTIONS
-d remove ACL entries. The "perm" field is ignored. -m modify existing ACL entries or add new entries. -s set the ACL entries. The complete set of ACL entries is replaced. EXAMPLES
Let's create a directory: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d6 and add write permission for user bcouturi: dpns-setacl -m u:bcouturi:rwx,m:rwx /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d6 Let's create a directory: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 and add default ACLs to it: dpns-setacl -m d:u::7,d:g::7,d:o:5 /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 Let's check the resulting ACLs: dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::r-x #effective:r-x other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a sub-directory and check the resulting ACLs: dpns-mkdir /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/d2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::rwx #effective:rwx other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a file in the same directory and check the resulting ACLs: dpns-touch /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 dpns-getacl /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 # file: /dpm/dteam/test/file.log/d7/f2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rw- group::rw- #effective:rw- other::r-- EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), dpns_chmod(3), dpns_chown(3), Cupvlist(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team DPNS
$Date: 2003/08/26 06:21:13 $ DPNS-SETACL(1)