Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How Can We Increase the Size of Our Community? Post 302475447 by ilikecows on Sunday 28th of November 2010 09:52:28 PM
Old 11-28-2010
@ huntreilly25, I agree. I think some well explained tutorials that explain concepts along with some hands on exercises could be very helpful to new users.

I think this forum lacks fun. If people can come here and enjoy themselves while still keeping the purpose of a technical forum it would bring more regular users. I think some contests and challenges (such as the first person to come up with a script or program to do x) targeted at different skill levels that reward bits could make the community more fun.

I think the bits are a great idea. I think the concept should be expanded by creating more places to spend bits.

Thats my 2 cents.

---------- Post updated at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 09:44 PM ----------

I just thought of something else. I think we could create an employment section for employers to post UNIX related openings and registered users to post their resumes and send them to posted opening.

I'm not sure how technically feasible this is because I have never worked with vB but if it is, its something to consider.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to increase the size of the stack

Hi!!, could someone tell me how to increase the stack size in HP-UX? Thanx (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to increase the filesystem size?

Hi.. I want to increase the file system size of any filesystem online, without using the Volume manager like LVMs, is it possible? & if yes then how? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol21
3 Replies

5. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

7. Solaris

increase metadevice size

Hi, I am having two metadevices d50 and d100 which are used to created soft partitions as and when required. d50 and d100 are metadevices formed on different disks. d50 -- disks 0 & 1 d100 -- disks 2 & 3 I have a soft partition d70 os 50 GB on d50. Now there is no free space on d50. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sag71155
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Swap size increase

Dear All, How to increase the swap size when physicall memory reaches 60 %. OR it can be only done after the physicall memory is full. Rgds Rj (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
8 Replies
ANKI(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ANKI(1)

NAME
anki - flashcard program for language learning DESCRIPTION
Anki is a program designed to help you remember facts (such as words and phrases in a foreign language) as easily, quickly and efficiently as possible. To do this, it tracks how well you remember each fact, and uses that information to optimally schedule review times. With a minimal amount of effort, you can greatly increase the amount of material you remember, making study more productive, and more fun. Anki is based on a theory called spaced repetition. In simple terms, it means that each time you review some material, you should wait longer than last time before reviewing it again. This maximizes the time spent studying difficult material and minimizes the time spent reviewing things you already know. The concept is simple, but the vast majority of memory trainers and flashcard programs out there either avoid the concept all together, or implement inflexible and suboptimal methods that were originally designed for pen and paper. Anki's primary target is people studying Japanese, and Japanese native speakers studying English. However, it can be used to remember any- thing at all, and there are some users who are studying Chinese and possibly other languages with it. OPTIONS
anki does not take command line options. Its interface is entirely graphical. SEE ALSO
Anki home page: <http://ichi2.net/anki/index.html> Community support thread: <http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=556&p=1> AUTHOR
anki was written by Damien Elmes <anki@ichi2.net>. This manual page was written by Nicholas Breen <nbreen@ofb.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 11, 2007 ANKI(1)