Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secondary DNS not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Secondary DNS not working Post 302475418 by kopper on Sunday 28th of November 2010 06:40:05 PM
Old 11-28-2010
just a moment guys I am doing some more troubleshooting before answering
thanks meanWhile

---------- Post updated at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:21 PM ----------

thanks a lot guy

you gave me some ideas and I recreate the configuration

Slave is working fine Smilie

now one last question

I am using for this

my masterdns resolve google.com
ping google.com is OK

now how can I go the same for my DNS clients....
how can my DNS query and transfer Internet sites to my local DNS clientes?

thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secondary DNS question

I have the primary set up, but cannot get the secondary box to answer a query. Here is the message I get: > nslookup dfwnet1 10.26.38.41 *** Can't find server name for address 10.26.38.41: Non-existent host/domain *** Default servers are not available 10.26.38.41 is the IP of the secondary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Solaris

OS Problems -no DNS & SSH not working

I just installed Solaris 6/10 without any problems but I didn't connect the network cable when I installed it. Here are my problems: -I can access webpages using IP addrsses but not with domain names -ssh is installed but it is not running ('ps -e | grep sshd' didn't show it) I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

3. Linux

Secondary groups not working with NFS (+LDAP)

I´m using LDAP for groups and NFS for home dirs. My problem is as follows: I only have a few groups, so it's not the problem everyone else had. When I've mounted a disk over NFS, I need to have my primary group in order to read in the groups I'm a member of. Secondary groups is not working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: velmont
0 Replies

4. Solaris

dns client not working

Hi All, I have configured linux server as local dns server (practice level). I have given the IP and hostname details in /etc/hosts -bash-3.00# cat /etc/hosts # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.78 dummy.set.com loghost 192.168.1.57 cent.set.com #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

DNS not working

Hi, I have installed RHEL5 as a new build and need get it to resolve to the internet. At the moment I get following: # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5 <<>> www.google.com ;; global options: printcmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Split DNS not working with Bind-9.7

Hi All, Distros of machines : RHEL6 Bind Vesrion : Bind-9.7-3.2 I am trying to set up a test DNS for my home network. I have two rhel 6 machines A and B. Machine A has 2 NICs and is acting as a router also, one NIC is facing intranet and the otehr is facing intranet. On machine A i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DNS flush is not working

I have a Linux machine and it seems DNS cache is not getting clear on it. It is still showing old values, even after changing in DNS server by Network team. I did /etc/init.d/nscd restart But still it is showing old values on this server. On my rest of servers in environment, nslookup is showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Primary and Secondary

hi there, i using salaris 10 as my DNS server. i have 2 dns server primary and secondary. if primary dns server i edit/update, the other secondary dns server must be sync too. How can i configure if dns server (primary) can sync the secondary? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tappetmus
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

IPtable rules for DNS/http/https traffic for specific hosts only, not working.

Hi there, I have a VPS and am working on a little side project for myself and friend which is a DNS proxy. Everything was great till recently. My VPS IP has been detected by some botnet or something, and I believe SMURF attacks are occuring. The VPS provider keeps shutting down my VPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi0x
3 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::DNS::Question(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa subdomains. parse ($question, $offset) = Net::DNS::Question->parse($data, $offset); Parses a question section record at the specified location within a DNS packet. The first argument is a reference to the packet data. The second argument is the offset within the packet where the question record begins. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. Parsing is aborted if the question object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c) 2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c) 2003,2006-2009 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.14.2 2009-12-30 Net::DNS::Question(3pm)