Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple interpreter declarations Post 302475401 by ilikecows on Sunday 28th of November 2010 03:35:56 PM
Old 11-28-2010
You could always write a wrapper script in ksh or bash that your web server runs that calls the expect script.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg. Local vs Global declarations

Please go through the following two versions of code :- Version 1 --- string1 and string2 declared as Global variables The output is :-- (as expected sprintf is overwriting the first byte of string2 with NULL) string1=send string2= #include <stdio.h> char string1; char string2; main()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kms
2 Replies

2. Programming

When I am writing my own interpreter...

While trying out my hand at writing an interpreter, I was wondering about a a few issues one of which is the following: When I run a command such as jobs in the shell, I get a list of all the background jobs that are running... But if I need my interpreter to run that command, how would I be doing... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a new shell with copy of current shell declarations?

How to run another shell and have all current shell dectaration copied to that new shell? I would like to have available all current declarations in a new shell. That are functions, aliases, variables. I need to test some functions that use the 'exit', but running it in current shell on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an command interpreter

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs. i need a very short and simple one, just for the compiling part, in UNIX Respect (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

m4 as script interpreter

#!/usr/bin/m4 when running m4 scripts with "#!/usr/bin/m4" they are executed properly, but "#!/usr/bin/m4" is printed out - how to avoid it? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
5 Replies

6. Programming

Java Interpreter

Hello guys - do you have any sample program implementing UNIX commands in an interpreter with Java? I can look up the simple ones such "ls" etc and then write my own commands. I would appreciate it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Linux

interpreter files

Can you explain me what is ment by interpreter files ?? Why and how they are used?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safe way to eval variable declarations?

Is there a safe way to evaluate variable declarations within a script whether they come from a .conf file, user input, or stdin? Example .conf file: server=ftp.xxxx.com port=21 user="$USER" # Hopefully allow this type of substitution domain="$DOMAIN" server="$(malicious... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)