Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Partitions
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Partitions Post 302475379 by albertogarcia on Sunday 28th of November 2010 11:51:06 AM
Old 11-28-2010
Hello Duke,

now I use virtualization (with virtualbox) but I would like to access my hardware without virtualization, is quite different, for example with gpu.

WIndows7: for teaching reasons, games, etc.
Ubuntu: for test applications, and general use of my family
Debian: Only for me, I like its "stable way of life"
(sorry for my english)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

raw partitions

i want to know, how do i to create a rwa partttions in unixware 7 wit raid 5 best regards felix arteaga (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farteaga
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

partitions

HI. i installed solaris on a x86 machine and i only partition for 4 gig when it suppose to be 8. i only using 4 gig right now how can i start using the other four. please help, thanks in advance Meeh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: souldier
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring partitions

I have a partition that sometimes grows to 100% before the weekly backup and perge can happen. Can someone leade me to a script that will monitor the size of a partition and send me an email when it is over a certain percent? Unix Solarus 8. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrimeRibAndADew
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring partitions

Sun Solarus 8. I have a partition that due to some automated processes can fill a partition to 100% before the weekly backup and cleanup process happens. Is there a way I can monitor a partition and send a page or email if the partition gets above 85% full? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrimeRibAndADew
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix partitions

how to access/sliceing different partions using divvy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sobin
1 Replies

6. AIX

Logical Partitions?

I'm trying to find out how many logical partitions our AIX box has. I'm running the command: topas -C and nothing is showing up. Is it safe to say that there is only one LPAR, which is what AIX is installed on? Move to AIX - jim mc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems with partitions

Hi. I newbie in solaris. I have server T2000 with 2 disk on raid. I have partitions: Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 825 - 3916 15.00GB (3092/0/0) 31464192 1 swap wu 0 - 824 4.00GB ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: burdock
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partitions.

Hi All, My colleague says . On some boxes we have /var/,/opt are inside root and on some they are not on root they are separately. So please any one explain me what actually the difference is. Thanks is Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Create new partitions

Hello, Can someone tell me why should i do to resolve this problem? I cant creat the news partitions!! # /etc/init.d/volmgt start volume management starting. # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 1955 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Partitions necessary in RHEL 6

I had a query as to what are the partitions that should be necessary in RHEL 6. My knowledge says that 1) / 2) /home 3) Swap 4) /boot should be sufficient. But, I am seeing in my production environment which is RHEL 5 that there are partitions also for 1) /var 2) /tmp... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
8 Replies
DM(8)							    BSD System Manager's Manual 						     DM(8)

NAME
dm -- dungeon master SYNOPSIS
ln -s dm game DESCRIPTION
dm is a program used to regulate game playing. dm expects to be invoked with the name of a game that a user wishes to play. This is done by creating symbolic links to dm, in the directory /usr/games for all of the regulated games. The actual binaries for these games should be placed in a ``hidden'' directory, /usr/lib/games/dm, that may only be accessed by the dm program. dm determines if the requested game is available and, if so, runs it. The file /etc/dm.conf controls the conditions under which games may be run. The file /etc/nogames may be used to ``turn off'' game playing. If the file exists, no game playing is allowed; the contents of the file will be displayed to any user requesting a game. FILES
/etc/dm.conf configuration file /etc/nogames turns off game playing /usr/lib/games/dm directory of ``real'' binaries /var/games/games.log game logging file SEE ALSO
dm.conf(5) HISTORY
The dm command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Two issues result from dm running the games setgid ``games''. First, all games that allow users to run UNIX commands should carefully set both the real and effective group ids immediately before executing those commands. Probably more important is that dm never be setgid any- thing but ``games'' so that compromising a game will result only in the user's ability to play games at will. Secondly, games which previ- ously had no reason to run setgid and which accessed user files may have to be modified. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD