Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple interpreter declarations Post 302475373 by sunrexstar on Sunday 28th of November 2010 11:26:05 AM
Old 11-28-2010
Thanks ilikecows for a very useful solution.
For a moment i thought this would be the best solution that you provided.
However, i can see another problem.
The problem is that this script connects to any server (specified by the user) in the network.
It means that there might be a new server coming up in the network all of a sudden and when a user runs this script, it should be able to login automatically without user intervention.

If i follow your solution, i would have to login into each and every server (that the script is goin to login ) and copy the id_rsa.pub there, which again doesn't help me as i have to give this script to the users and it wont be good to ask them to do the above tasks. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reg. Local vs Global declarations

Please go through the following two versions of code :- Version 1 --- string1 and string2 declared as Global variables The output is :-- (as expected sprintf is overwriting the first byte of string2 with NULL) string1=send string2= #include <stdio.h> char string1; char string2; main()... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kms
2 Replies

2. Programming

When I am writing my own interpreter...

While trying out my hand at writing an interpreter, I was wondering about a a few issues one of which is the following: When I run a command such as jobs in the shell, I get a list of all the background jobs that are running... But if I need my interpreter to run that command, how would I be doing... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a new shell with copy of current shell declarations?

How to run another shell and have all current shell dectaration copied to that new shell? I would like to have available all current declarations in a new shell. That are functions, aliases, variables. I need to test some functions that use the 'exit', but running it in current shell on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

an command interpreter

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs. i need a very short and simple one, just for the compiling part, in UNIX Respect (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

m4 as script interpreter

#!/usr/bin/m4 when running m4 scripts with "#!/usr/bin/m4" they are executed properly, but "#!/usr/bin/m4" is printed out - how to avoid it? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Action
5 Replies

6. Programming

Java Interpreter

Hello guys - do you have any sample program implementing UNIX commands in an interpreter with Java? I can look up the simple ones such "ls" etc and then write my own commands. I would appreciate it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmontr
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Linux

interpreter files

Can you explain me what is ment by interpreter files ?? Why and how they are used?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkalyan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safe way to eval variable declarations?

Is there a safe way to evaluate variable declarations within a script whether they come from a .conf file, user input, or stdin? Example .conf file: server=ftp.xxxx.com port=21 user="$USER" # Hopefully allow this type of substitution domain="$DOMAIN" server="$(malicious... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)