Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find in files issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find in files issue Post 302475352 by kalik on Sunday 28th of November 2010 09:27:02 AM
Old 11-28-2010
Sorry for the delay. It's not really working.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

An issue with find command.

Hi all, I have a shell script(ksh) which has the code as follows. ------------------ cd $mydir for i in `find ./ -type f -mtime +$k` do echo $i done ----------------------- And in $mydir , i have some files which have space in theie names like "Case att15". The out put of the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajugp1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find issue

I'm trying to use find command to generate a list of a files w/ a specific extension (.axv), but I would also like to exclude/grep out another directory completely from the search (Archive). I have been poking around various sites/forums and man pages and haven't figured this out. tb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bisston
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Find Command

Hi All, I'm a bit new to Linux environment, moderately okay when it comes to Unix AIX. I'm facing an issue while trying to run a simple find command: $ for file in `find . -name *.*` > do > ls $file > done This is throwing the following error: Strangely, a few minutes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while moving files using find command

Hi All, I'm facing this below error when I move files using find command....Please help out...... $ find /home/aa/ab -mtime +90 -type f -exec mv -f {} /home/aa/ab/ac \; mv: 0653-405 /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv and /home/aa/ab/ac/MP_060520111245.csv are identical. mv: 0653-405... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
2 Replies

7. Linux

find command issue

Hi, I am not root user. I am trying to find the file which has contains pattern "fvsfile" in root directory. If i run the find cmd then i got permission denied and all the files are listed include pattern files. i cant get file name yet find . print | xargs grep -i "fvsfile" I want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while moving files using find command

Hi Friends, I'm facinf issue while moving large files using find command.I've a scenario like i've to move one day older files from one directory to anothe directory.I'm using the below command. find $src_dir -name error -prune -o -type f -mtime +1 -exec mv {} $dest_dir \; some times... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2mura
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command issue

Guys, Here is my requirement.. Sample.cfg file="*log.gz *txt.gz" sample.sh #!/bin/sh . $HOME/Sample.cfg find . -name "$file" -mtime +20 -exec ls -la {} \; Its not finding the given *log.gz and txt.gz files. Could anyone please help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AraR87
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Issue with deleting files through find

Hi, I have a script similar to this #!/bin/ksh cd /orcl/bir/eod_badfiles find ./ -type f -name "*.csv" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; find ./ -type f -name "*.bad" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; cd /orcl/bir find ./ -type f -name "*.log" -mtime +6 -exec rm -f {} \; This was working fine in one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies
TPING(1)							   LAM COMMANDS 							  TPING(1)

NAME
tping - Send echo messages to LAM nodes. SYNOPSIS
tping [-hv] [-c count] [-d delay] [-l length] nodes OPTIONS
-h Print the command help menu. -v Turn OFF verbose mode. -c count Send count messages. -d delay Delay delay seconds between each message. -l length Each message is length bytes long. DESCRIPTION
The tping command sends messages to, and collects replies from, a list of nodes, via the LAM echo server. It is similar to the UNIX ping(8) command, and is used as a quick diagnosis of the LAM network. Unless options are specified, tping sends a 1 byte message an infinite number of times, displaying the roundtrip time of each message as it completes, with a delay of 1 second between roundtrips. After the loop is broken (with keyboard interrupt, eg: ^C), tping prints statis- tics about all roundtrip messages. EXAMPLES
tping h Echo messages to the local node. tping -v n7 -l 1000 -c 10 Echo 1000 byte messages to node 7. Stay silent while working. Stop after 10 roundtrips and report statistics. BUGS
There is no built-in timeout and tping will wait forever to receive an echo. If no echo is received, due to a dead link or node, tping hangs. Stop the process with a keyboard suspend signal (eg: ^Z) and terminate LAM with lamhalt(1) or lamwipe(1) (although the use of lamwipe(1) is deprecated). SEE ALSO
lamhalt(1), lamwipe(1) LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 TPING(1)