Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Secondary DNS not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Secondary DNS not working Post 302475349 by Neo on Sunday 28th of November 2010 08:35:00 AM
Old 11-28-2010
Did you check the slave to insure it was caching the master data correctly?
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Secondary DNS question

I have the primary set up, but cannot get the secondary box to answer a query. Here is the message I get: > nslookup dfwnet1 10.26.38.41 *** Can't find server name for address 10.26.38.41: Non-existent host/domain *** Default servers are not available 10.26.38.41 is the IP of the secondary... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Solaris

OS Problems -no DNS & SSH not working

I just installed Solaris 6/10 without any problems but I didn't connect the network cable when I installed it. Here are my problems: -I can access webpages using IP addrsses but not with domain names -ssh is installed but it is not running ('ps -e | grep sshd' didn't show it) I have been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
4 Replies

3. Linux

Secondary groups not working with NFS (+LDAP)

I´m using LDAP for groups and NFS for home dirs. My problem is as follows: I only have a few groups, so it's not the problem everyone else had. When I've mounted a disk over NFS, I need to have my primary group in order to read in the groups I'm a member of. Secondary groups is not working. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: velmont
0 Replies

4. Solaris

dns client not working

Hi All, I have configured linux server as local dns server (practice level). I have given the IP and hostname details in /etc/hosts -bash-3.00# cat /etc/hosts # # Internet host table # ::1 localhost 127.0.0.1 localhost 192.168.1.78 dummy.set.com loghost 192.168.1.57 cent.set.com #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

DNS not working

Hi, I have installed RHEL5 as a new build and need get it to resolve to the internet. At the moment I get following: # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5 <<>> www.google.com ;; global options: printcmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Split DNS not working with Bind-9.7

Hi All, Distros of machines : RHEL6 Bind Vesrion : Bind-9.7-3.2 I am trying to set up a test DNS for my home network. I have two rhel 6 machines A and B. Machine A has 2 NICs and is acting as a router also, one NIC is facing intranet and the otehr is facing intranet. On machine A i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

DNS flush is not working

I have a Linux machine and it seems DNS cache is not getting clear on it. It is still showing old values, even after changing in DNS server by Network team. I did /etc/init.d/nscd restart But still it is showing old values on this server. On my rest of servers in environment, nslookup is showing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies

8. Solaris

DNS Primary and Secondary

hi there, i using salaris 10 as my DNS server. i have 2 dns server primary and secondary. if primary dns server i edit/update, the other secondary dns server must be sync too. How can i configure if dns server (primary) can sync the secondary? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tappetmus
1 Replies

9. Proxy Server

IPtable rules for DNS/http/https traffic for specific hosts only, not working.

Hi there, I have a VPS and am working on a little side project for myself and friend which is a DNS proxy. Everything was great till recently. My VPS IP has been detected by some botnet or something, and I believe SMURF attacks are occuring. The VPS provider keeps shutting down my VPS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phi0x
3 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question class SYNOPSIS
"use Net::DNS::Question" DESCRIPTION
A "Net::DNS::Question" object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = Net::DNS::Question->new("example.com", "MX", "IN"); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. qname, zname print "qname = ", $question->qname, " "; print "zname = ", $question->zname, " "; Returns the domain name. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zname" and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype print "qtype = ", $question->qtype, " "; print "ztype = ", $question->ztype, " "; Returns the record type. In dymamic update packets, this field is known as "ztype" and refers to the zone type (must be SOA). qclass, zclass print "qclass = ", $question->qclass, " "; print "zclass = ", $question->zclass, " "; Returns the record class. In dynamic update packets, this field is known as "zclass" and refers to the zone's class. print $question->print; Prints the question record on the standard output. string print $qr->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. data $qdata = $question->data($packet, $offset); Returns the question record in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet. Arguments are a "Net::DNS::Packet" object and the offset within that packet's data where the "Net::DNS::Question" record is to be stored. This information is necessary for using compressed domain names. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1), Net::DNS, Net::DNS::Resolver, Net::DNS::Packet, Net::DNS::Update, Net::DNS::Header, Net::DNS::RR, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.8.0 2002-10-12 Net::DNS::Question(3)