Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User interface for the shell script Post 302475334 by sunrexstar on Sunday 28th of November 2010 04:29:15 AM
Old 11-28-2010
Thanks DGPickett.
CGI programming is a solution for my problem.
Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

navigating a web interface with a shell script

I'm trying to design a script that will check the external ip address of my home network and then assign it to the A record of a subdomain. When i started, i thought i could do this with SSH, but turns out I don't have ssh access to update the DNS record (not surprising i suppose) So now, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyincity
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

4. AIX

Same shell script does not working on same server but from different interface..why?

Hi , I have shell script which is perfectly working on unix server prompt. But when i execute it using maestro scheduler with same user , it is giving error of not recognizing the env or local variable. This is code in script inbDir=${INTRFACE_DIR}/inbound zipfile=$inbDir/$1 echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi.coep
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script trigger using http interface

Hi I have created a shell program, which takes a series of parameters as shown in the below code. Its working good from terminal. My program restorejob.sh -g <NAME> -p <Path-to-search> -r <Path-to-restore> Its working fine from bash shell. I want to extend this functionality like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Interface for shell script.

Hi Team, I have daily pdf files which i have to convert in tif images. I have script which does it. I need to put these images in some specific folder (which i create manually) on server. Is there any web based way to it, so that user can simply browse file & it will convert & upload on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How can i get Solaris interface ip using shell script?

HI Community, my server has more than 15 zones and each one is having virtual interface of 10G adapter (qlge0) if the filter the output of ifconfig -a | grep inet, it's showing all interfaces including virtual. i have take first like from the output and assumed that as my main ip is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
AppConfig::CGI(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       AppConfig::CGI(3pm)

NAME
AppConfig::CGI - Perl5 module for processing CGI script parameters. SYNOPSIS
use AppConfig::CGI; my $state = AppConfig::State->new(\%cfg); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); $cgi->parse($cgi_query); $cgi->parse(); # looks for CGI query in environment OVERVIEW
AppConfig::CGI is a Perl5 module which implements a CGI interface to AppConfig. It examines the QUERY_STRING environment variable, or a string passed explicitly by parameter, which represents the additional parameters passed to a CGI query. This is then used to update variable values in an AppConfig::State object accordingly. AppConfig::CGI is distributed as part of the AppConfig bundle. DESCRIPTION
USING THE AppConfig::CGI MODULE To import and use the AppConfig::CGI module the following line should appear in your Perl script: use AppConfig::CGI; AppConfig::CGI is used automatically if you use the AppConfig module and create an AppConfig::CGI object through the cgi() method. AppConfig::CGI is implemented using object-oriented methods. A new AppConfig::CGI object is created and initialised using the new() method. This returns a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. A reference to an AppConfig::State object should be passed in as the first parameter: my $state = AppConfig::State->new(); my $cgi = AppConfig::CGI->new($state); This will create and return a reference to a new AppConfig::CGI object. PARSING CGI QUERIES The "parse()" method is used to parse a CGI query which can be specified explicitly, or is automatically extracted from the "QUERY_STRING" CGI environment variable. This currently limits the module to only supporting the GET method. See AppConfig for information about using the AppConfig::CGI module via the cgi() method. AUTHOR
Andy Wardley, "<abw@wardley.org<gt"> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 1997,1998 Canon Research Centre Europe Ltd. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
AppConfig, AppConfig::State perl v5.12.4 2007-05-30 AppConfig::CGI(3pm)