Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: the difference is?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the difference is? Post 302475185 by Corona688 on Saturday 27th of November 2010 01:28:02 AM
Old 11-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lady
What is the difference between single and slash here and in general?
The extra slash is probably ignored.
Quote:
How to copy if we have a unique directory somewhere? Is some of above ways more prefered or... better solutions exists???
I'm not sure what you're asking. To copy into a directory you'd use copy. are you concerned about copying a directory into a place where something of that name might already exist?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where is the difference?

Hello I would like to know where there is a difference between these two machines? HP9000-735/125 HP9000-B132L What does that all mean? Okay, HP= Hewlett Packard But 9000, 725/125, B132L ???? I am asking that question because I am about to buy one for myself, so I can have some fun... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fwurm
3 Replies

2. Linux

what is the difference between -h and -H ?

samba:/home/backup # df -h /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 34G 8.6G 26G 26% /home samba:/home/backup # df -H /home/ Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb2 37GB 9.2GB 28GB 26% /home what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between $* and $@

Somebody please tell me the difference between $@ and $* Thanks in advance. Saneesh Joseph (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saneeshjose
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

difference

difference b/w shell scripting and perl scripting (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simmijaswal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 1,$ and /g

just wondering what the difference is between 1,$ and /g when doing a substitution in vi. doesn't seem to be much difference from what i can see. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigubosu
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between

$x=10 and providing the spaces between = and 10 $x= 10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashank1311
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between sh and ./

Hi All Can any body please tell me what is difference between sh scr ./scr Here scr is a script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

8. Programming

what is the main difference between difference between using nonatomic lseek and O_APPEND

I think both write at the end of the file ...... but is there a sharp difference between those 2 instruction ..... thank you this is my 3rd question today forgive me :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get difference

Hi .. I am trying to create one function. It will have two arguments. Argument1: a,b,d,f,g Argument2:21212,sfsd,4546,67867,a,asda,b So the output will be Argument1 - Argument2 which is d,f,g Can anyone help with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate difference of split and sum the difference

In the awk I am trying to subtract the difference $3-$2 of each matching $4 before the first _ (underscore) and print that value in $13. I think the awk will do that, but added comments. What I am not sure off is how to add a line or lines that will add sum each matching $13 value and put it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
args(1) 							   GNU Telephony							   args(1)

NAME
args - manipulate and output command arguments. SYNOPSIS
args [options] args... DESCRIPTION
This command is used to manipulate and echo command line arguments to standard out. This can include adding quotes around each argument passed or a separator, or to output each argument on a separate line. The program source also offers a basic example of how to use shell argument parsing and localization in ucommon. OPTIONS
--delim=char Set a deliminator character, such as ',', to use between each argument when outputing arguments. --directory If argument is a directory, list directory contents as arguments. --follow If argument is a directory and a symlink, follow symlinks recursively. --lines Output each argument on a separate line. --quote=char|pair Set a quote or special leading and trailing pair of characters to surround each argument with when output. A typical use might be --quote=() to surround arguments in parenthesis. --recursive If argument is a directory, recursively scan directory and any subdirectory contents as arguments. --reverse Reverse order of arguments. --help Outputs help screen for the user. AUTHOR
args was written by David Sugar <dyfet@gnutelephony.org>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to bug-commoncpp@gnu.org. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 David Sugar, Tycho Softworks. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. GNU uCommon January 2010 args(1)