Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting User interface for the shell script Post 302475164 by DGPickett on Friday 26th of November 2010 07:49:08 PM
Old 11-26-2010
You can write a CGI script that puts out a form if called without arguments but for a post response it calls your script with the form values and gets some sort of status or report to send back to the user as a web page. Any text from the shell command needs to be sanitized to be on an html page, like '&' to "&", as usual. The question is how well does your script work in this unattended sort of environment? Maybe it can be both, on some cue.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i change to super user then revert back to ordinary user ,using shell script?

Hi all, I am trying to eject the cdrom from a livecd after certain stage... Now assuming that it is possible to eject,please consider my issue!!! The OS boots into a regular user by default...so i am unable to use the eject command to push out the drive... However if i try pfexec eject it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

navigating a web interface with a shell script

I'm trying to design a script that will check the external ip address of my home network and then assign it to the A record of a subdomain. When i started, i thought i could do this with SSH, but turns out I don't have ssh access to update the DNS record (not surprising i suppose) So now, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyincity
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

root user command in shell script execute as normal user

Hi All I have written one shell script for GPRS route add is given below named GPRSRouteSet.sh URL="www.google.com" VBURL="10.5.2.211" echo "Setting route for $URL for GPRS" URL_Address=`nslookup $URL|grep Address:|grep -v "#"|awk -F " " '{print $2}'|head -1` echo "Executing ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

4. AIX

Same shell script does not working on same server but from different interface..why?

Hi , I have shell script which is perfectly working on unix server prompt. But when i execute it using maestro scheduler with same user , it is giving error of not recognizing the env or local variable. This is code in script inbDir=${INTRFACE_DIR}/inbound zipfile=$inbDir/$1 echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi.coep
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script trigger using http interface

Hi I have created a shell program, which takes a series of parameters as shown in the below code. Its working good from terminal. My program restorejob.sh -g <NAME> -p <Path-to-search> -r <Path-to-restore> Its working fine from bash shell. I want to extend this functionality like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Login as another user through Shell script from current user[Not Root]

Hi Every body, I would need a shell script program to login as different user and perform some copy commands in the script. example: Supppose ora_toms is the active user ora_toms should be able to run a script where user: ftptomsp pass: XXX should login through and run the commands ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwal27
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web Interface for shell script.

Hi Team, I have daily pdf files which i have to convert in tif images. I have script which does it. I need to put these images in some specific folder (which i create manually) on server. Is there any web based way to it, so that user can simply browse file & it will convert & upload on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How can i get Solaris interface ip using shell script?

HI Community, my server has more than 15 zones and each one is having virtual interface of 10G adapter (qlge0) if the filter the output of ifconfig -a | grep inet, it's showing all interfaces including virtual. i have take first like from the output and assumed that as my main ip is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Switch from Local user to root user from a shell script?

Hi, I need to switch from local user to root user in a shell script. I need to make it automated so that it doesn't prompt for the root password. I heard the su command will do that work but it prompt for the password. and also can someone tell me whether su command spawns a new shell or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)							   User Commands							 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script - make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything displayed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves the dialogue in this file. If no filename is given, the dialogue is saved in the file type- script. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append the output to file or to typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c, --command command Run the command rather than an interactive shell. This makes it easy for a script to capture the output of a program that behaves differently when its stdout is not a tty. -e, --return Return the exit code of the child process. Uses the same format as bash termination on signal termination exit code is 128+n. -f, --flush Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: one person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo', and another can supervise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. --force Allow the default output destination, i.e. the typescript file, to be a hard or symbolic link. The command will follow a symbolic link. -q, --quiet Be quiet (do not write start and done messages to standard output). -t[file], --timing[=file] Output timing data to standard error, or to file when given. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D for the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. It is not recommended to run script in non-interactive shells. The inner shell of script is always interactive, and this could lead to unexpected results. If you use script in the shell initialization file, you have to avoid entering an infinite loop. You can use for example the .profile file, which is read by login shells only: if test -t 0 ; then script exit fi You should also avoid use of script in command pipes, as script can read more input than you would expect. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), scriptreplay(1) HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. script is primarily designed for interactive terminal sessions. When stdin is not a terminal (for example: echo foo | script), then the session can hang, because the interactive shell within the script session misses EOF and script has no clue when to close the session. See the NOTES section for more information. AVAILABILITY
The script command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux June 2014 SCRIPT(1)