Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating Putty logins
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating Putty logins Post 302475132 by cabrao on Friday 26th of November 2010 02:57:31 PM
Old 11-26-2010
This User Gave Thanks to cabrao For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with logins

Could someone please tell me what I would have to do so I can dial in to Solaris through a modem and login? Thanks in advance. Jomar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crispyco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NVT logins

Hello again! Another thing came up the other day. I've noticed that a few of my "beloved" users who by the way, use NVT (Novell Virtual Terminal) to log in the server, when told to log off, press the power button to shut down their computer, instead of logging off as they should. As a result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pappous
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logins-logouts

I want a script that checks the logins and logouts in a system.Is there a way to keep the logins and logouts in files and then compare them every e.g. 10 seconds? for tcsh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aekaramg20
1 Replies

4. AIX

Limit logins to 1

Trying to limit 1 login per account... Setup: We have 2 auth logins, one to the AIX (telnet)then into a distribution mgmt software, the users do not have a shell to log into on the AIX itself, so placing a script such as: active=`who | awk '{printf",%s,\n",$1}' | grep ,$LOGNAME, | wc -l` ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pheusion
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linmit user logins

Hello everyone, traditionally a user can log in on more than one machine as much as they want. In AIX 4.3, Is there a way to make it so that if the user is already logged on, the system will not let them log on, therefor not run their logon profile script again? (limit the user to one machine at a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

6. AIX

allow / deny root logins

Hello everyone I have to limit the root logins on my aix box (aix 5.3) I change the value on the /etc/security/user default (login and rlogin) change to false and add to root (rlogin and login = false) I tried in different ways but I got the same. Root still can login I try algo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last two logins script

This is the contents of my file: donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:07:58 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:17:36 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:22:29 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:26:39 donald.duck 12/07/2009 12:28:01 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:48:49 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009 12:49:33 mickey.mouse 12/07/2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diallo0024
3 Replies

8. AIX

Alert on successfully logins

Hi, How difficult would it be to configure an alert on AIX that will inform me every time someone logs into the system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

9. Solaris

User Logins

Is the below logins are needed in the machine..... nuucp , uucp ,smmsp , svctag , listen , webservd , ip ( We are not using printers), Can you help in these? Regards, kumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshkumarvg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating pbrun /bin/su not working, whenever manually it is working using putty

I am trying to automate a script where I need to use pbrun /bin/su but for some reason it is not passing thru the pbrun as my code below. . ~/.bash_profile pbrun /bin/su - content c h 1 hpsvn up file path I am executing this from an external .sh file that is pointing to this scripts file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jorgejac
14 Replies
GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. The grub source distribution carries this script to ease the installation of grub as a boot loader. In Suse Linux however, grub installa- tion is much better handled by Yast; use of this script is generally discouraged and therefore unsupported. Consequently, the script has been renamed to grub-install.unsupported. In order to (re-)install grub for the currently running system, simply use Yast. For an installation aiming at a differing system, the crafting of an appropriate device.map and grub shell script is strongly advised, e.g. "grub --batch --device-map=target-device.map < tar- get-grub.conf" SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) May 2005 GRUB-INSTALL(8)