Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to attach file to mail Post 302475016 by methyl on Friday 26th of November 2010 07:39:47 AM
Old 11-26-2010
My mistake. Extra quote.

Code:
echo "The last disposal feed is `cat ${file_containing_the_line.dat}`" | mailx -s "The subject of this email was not mentioned" the_email_address@domain.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to attach a file in mail?

Hi, I want to know how to send a mail in unix using mailx or mail or sendmail to send a mail with a file attached. I have read the answers from the other threads but I still don't understand. I want to do it in the command line as well as in script. Can anyone help? DO I need to use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to attach a txt file while sending mail

Hi, I need to attach a txt file while sending mail thru Unix. Please help me out in this.. -Charan. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file & send mail thru script

In shell script how can I attach a file and send a mail. suppose if I written like the following way usr/bin/mail 'subject" "mail_id" < file. a mail goes to the mail-id with the content of file.But I want the file to be atttached to the mail.How can I get it.is there any way for this. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use "mail" to attach a file with an email?

echo "content" | mail email@address -s subject Where to attach a file with the email? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach a file in Linux mail command

How to attach a file in Linux mail command Hi Guys, Is there any way to attach a file in Linux mail command without using "uuencode"? i.e. Code: file=/a/b/c/d/file.txtmail -s "Giga aks" abc@123.com <<HDoc`uuencode $file $file 2>/dev/null`HDoc Here, I don;t want to use 'uuencode'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How to attach an excel file in a multipart (mime) mail

Hello. I need to send mails from hp-ux with 2 attachments: a text file and an excel file. So I'm composing a mime file which I will pipe to sendmail utility. This works fine if the only attachment is the text file (i use cat command to attach text content). But I have problems with the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcampio
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple file to send mail command

Hi, i want color effect on mail as well as multiple attachment.I have code but this code is used for single attachment. I am unable to attach more than one file.:wall: I want to send two attachments -ahmed.csv and ahmed1.csv . Sample content: <html> <body> <b> Hi...</b> </body> </html> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX - how to send attach excel in mail

Hi Experts, i need your help here :confused: Need to send a report thru mail using unix shell script(AIX). can you help me to do this? . i tried "uuencode" with CSV format, but while reading report all values are in single column. i need each column values in separate cell. Thanks in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbieabc
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to attach a .txt file or .log file to mail and mailx command

Hi, I am trying to attach a .log file or .txt file to mail command to send an email once my ksh script executed. I am unable to use mutt command as it has been not installed and i am not supposed to install it. I have tried many ways by googling which has not helped me to succeed. Here is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to attach latest files of directories in a mail.

Hello Folks, I am looking for the script which will go to directory and check for the latest 5 files and send a mail to attaches these files to user. Kindly guide. Regards (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)