Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris unable to use thumbdrive in Solaris 10 Post 302475002 by bartus11 on Friday 26th of November 2010 07:06:22 AM
Old 11-26-2010
Code:
# rmformat

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't detect usb thumbdrive anymore

hey everyone! i have a Solaris 8 box with me, and i had been using my usb thrumbdrive on it all the time. one day, i was in a rush and i pulled out the thumbdrive without ejecting it or anything. and now i can't detect any thumbdrives at all. i had tried using another thumbdrive, but with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feef
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a ThumbDrive

When I try to mount a thumb drive on a Monta Vista Linux 3.1 Embedded System I get an Error. When I plug in the USB Drive I get this message: # hub.c: new USB device CYEZ-Host-1, assigned address 2 scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices Vendor: Memorex Model: Mini TravelDrive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewLinuxUser33
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

rdiff-backup using escape codes on vfat thumbdrive

I thought it may be nice to use rdiff-backup to backup my websites to a thumb drive. But all the capital letters are substituted with octal escape codes. How can I over come this? There are no issues backing up to another ext3 drive. The source drive is ext3 the thumb drive is vfat mounted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemc
0 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

unable to shutdown solaris 10

hi folks, i have a snag, when i attempt shutdown of solaris 10 on a sunfire v240 it seems to pause for ages, and goes no further, im busy learning my way around the system so please be patient. /etc(R)-bash-3.00$ init 6 /etc(R)-bash-3.00$ svc.startd: The system is coming down. Please wait.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: alienkidmj12
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

6. Solaris

unable to login Solaris 10

I have inherited a solaris 10 server. I went to log into it the other day over the console connection, and after sucessfully entering the password, I was booted back to the login prompt with no errors visible. If I enter an incorect password, the console displays 'incorrect password' and kicks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
8 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Ubuntu on bootable thumbdrive

I have created a bootable thumbdrive containing Ubuntu 10.04. It works fine, but has one minor issue. When I boot a system, it writes a new fstab relevant to that system. That fstab persists, so that if I boot another system the "old" fstab is read and the O/S tries to mount filesystems that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
3 Replies

8. Hardware

Bootable thumbdrive

Hi all! I trying to modify my bootable thumbdrive to be seen in window OS when i plug in. I did a FAT32 partition for it but it seem like! "windows only recognizes the first primary partition on a removable device" My 1st partition is my Ubuntu OS partition ext4, is there a way to go about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GQiang
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to reboot Solaris

Hi, we have a sun sparc solaris 10 machine and recently there was a power failure and one of the server domain was down. So today morning i have powered up the domain and it returned me to ok prompt then i have booted the machine with disk from devalias, the system was up as normal and no error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to see controller C1 on Solaris 8

Good Morning, We are having a legacy hardware v880 sparc server running SUNOS 5.8. Recently we started getting maintence error on one of the disk slice c1t0d0s4 so before changing the disk we had a look at output of cfgadm but cant see c1 controller in the list where as all our disks are... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
16 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)