Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Not able to get CPU utilization on WUG Post 302474937 by EmbedUX on Friday 26th of November 2010 04:08:11 AM
Old 11-26-2010
Tools Not able to get CPU utilization on WUG

Hello Experts,
I have recently configured SNMP my Solaris SPARC boxes for getting the resource utilizations on Whats Up Gold (hereby referred as WUG) tool. Lately we have upgraded WUG from 12 to 14 version. Then on CPU utilization of SPARC machines isn't populating on the dashboard (other HDD, RAM utilization is coming up.) I thought we need to put in MIBs related to SPARC but could not succeed.

this is the error i'm receiving on the server end when checked with dmesg
Quote:
/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] community_check() : bad community from localhost
/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] session_open() failed for a pdu received from localhost
SNMP services are running on the servers, i have also restarted them several times.

Can anyone suggest on what might be the issue and of course as soon as possible please as i'm running out of time...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Utilization

What command do you use to verify if the CPU utilization. Example. If the CPU is at 98%? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimosilk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Utilization

On user complains about the performance of web application, as a part application support, we use following commands to see the CPU utilization in the UNIX using ‘sar' command. Some times it goes below 20 and even reaches 0. HLW$~> sar -u 10 60 SunOS HLW 5.8 Generic_117350-14 sun4u ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinakarmani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

% CPU utilization

Hi, iam new to AIX and had a basic question. I was asked to give a chart of CPU utilization in percentage for every hour. where can i look for information and which column should i look at? I would be very thankful if somebody could respond. Thanks! karthik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Utilization

Dear friends, I am doing a report daily for all most 30 more serves... i need to check out CPU utlization bu (top command, 100 - (ideal value)) and Memory utilization too could some one help me how can i get it directly, if scripts also no problem.. i will very thankful if some one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bullz26
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Utilization

Hi to All, Would you please help me. I would like to know, In Unix How to know CPU utilization for every process. Thanks in Advance. Thanks, Divyang (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

7. AIX

CPU Utilization

Hi All, Can some one help me in finding % CPU Utilization ? From VMSTAT command, How we can find % utilization ? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VBudatha
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CPU Utilization

I know how to check the CPU utilization and memory space like: vmstat top free What i want ot check on my linux system is... how much CPU are available on my system and do i need to put extra CPU. Also need to check the hardware configuration and the space related to the same ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU utilization

Hi, any commande on AIX 6.1 that shows me total CPU utilization ? I saw curt in documentation but there should be a trace file before. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
snmpdx(1M)						  System Administration Commands						snmpdx(1M)

NAME
snmpdx - Sun Solstice Enterprise Master Agent SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx [-hy] [-a filename] [-c config-dir] [-d debug-level] [-i filename] [ -m GROUP -m SPLIT] [-o filename] [-p port] [-r filename] DESCRIPTION
The Master Agent, snmpdx, is the main component of Solstice Enterprise Agent technology. It runs as a daemon process and listens to User Datagram Protocol (UDP) port 161 for SNMP requests. The Master Agent also opens another port to receive SNMP trap notifications from vari- ous subagents. These traps are forwarded to various managers, as determined by the configuration file. Upon invocation, snmpdx reads its various configuration files and takes appropriate actions by activating subagents, determining the sub- tree Object Identifier (OID) for various subagents, populating its own Management Information Bases (MIBs), and so forth. The Master Agent invokes subagents, registers subagents, sends requests to subagents, receives responses from subagents, and traps notifications from sub- agents. The Master Agent is invoked from a start-up script at boot time only if contents of the resource configuration file /etc/snmp/conf/snm- pdx.rsrc are non-trivial. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a filename Specify the full path of the access control file used by the Master Agent. The default access control file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl. -c config-dir Specify the full path of the directory containing the Master Agent configuration files. The default directory is /etc/snmp/conf. -d debug-level Debug. Levels from 0 to 4 are supported, giving various levels of debug information. The default is 0 which means no debug information is given. -h Help. Print the command line usage. -i filename Specify the full path of the enterprise-name OID map. This file contains the PID used by the Master Agent for recovery after a crash. It contains tuples of the UNIX process ID, port number, resource name, and agent name. The default file is /var/snmp/snmpdx.st. -m GROUP | -m SPLIT Specify the mode to use for forwarding of SNMP requests. GROUP Multiple variables can be included in each request from the Master Agent to the subagents. This results in, at mose, one send-request per agent. SPLIT Each variable in the incoming request results in one send-request to each subagent. The default is GROUP. -o filename Specify the full path of the file containing the tuple (enterprise-name, OID). For example, (Sun Microsystems, 1.3.1.6.1.4.32). The Master Agent uses this file as a base for look-up in the trap-filtering and forwarding process. The default file is /etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid. -p port Specify the port number. The default port number is 161. -r filename Specify the full path of the resource file to be used by the Master Agent. This file stores information about the subagents that the Master Agent invokes and manages. The default resource file is /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc. -y Set a recovery indicator to invoke the recovery module. The recovery process discovers which subagents in the pre- vious session are still active; those subagents not active are re-spawned by the Master Agent. FILES
/etc/snmp/conf/enterprises.oid Enterprise-name OID map /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.acl Access control file /etc/snmp/conf/snmpdx.rsrc Resource configuration file /var/snmp/snmpdx.st Master Agent status file /var/snmp/mib/snmpdx.mib Master Agent MIB file EXIT STATUS
The following error values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsasnm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
snmpXdmid(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Oct 2002 snmpdx(1M)