Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login using perl LWP module
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Login using perl LWP module Post 302474885 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 25th of November 2010 09:12:08 PM
Old 11-25-2010
Is this real username and password? If so, please dont post them

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LWP module ?

my host run on a Free bsd server and i have a cgi script that requires LWP module, but i my host say that that module is installed, so i would like to know if the is a command because i have telnet access to know if the module or which modules are installed on my account (itīs that the script donīt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beto
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Perl Module name in all Perl scripts

I want to replace a Perl module name in all my Perl Scripts in the cgi-bin directory. How is it possible? I have the following statement in my scripts use myUtil; I want to change it to use myUtil777; Regards, Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Perl LWP module

Hi, I've a issue in writing a perl script that will automatically monitor the site availability. There are two different cookies are set in two consecutive flows to a URL and this second cookie has to be passed to the third step which actually gives permission to access based upon the cookie. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dayanandra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Perl Module

I dont know if this is a dumb question, but I am unable to move ahead and need help - There is a perl module called Header.pm which was written by someone else. I am trying to write a simple perl script which uses a function provided by the module. The function has been exported by the module... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewDeb
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a shell script from a perl module which uses Filehandle to login

Hi Guru's, Pardon me for the breach of rules..... I have very little knowledge about Shell Programming and Scripting hope you guys help me out of this troble I have very little time hence could not find the right way to direct my queries. coming to the problem I need to call a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saikrishna_tung
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl subroutine from perl expect module

All, Is it possible to call a subroutine from the perl expect module after logging to a system that is within the same program. My situation is I need to run a logic inside a machine that I'm logging in using the expect module, the logic is also available in the same expect program. Thanks,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_maffy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl LWP user authentication

Hello all.. i am new to perl scripting.. i wanted to parse a text file, encode the parsed text and attach in url.. please point me to right resources if you know any..This is my major problem. Now i try to get a url running and save it in a text file using LWP module in perl, I used following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: empyrean
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl SSH without a perl module

I'm trying to create a perl script that will do 1 SSH session, but be able to write multiple commands to the session and receive multiple outputs. I know there are modules out there like Net:SSH::Perl, but I'm not allowed to use it. I was thinking of doing something like an open3 on an ssh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a webpage - perl lwp

I am requesting for the text parsing section below. Any helps are highly appreciated. <tr valign="top"><td nowrap>Source name</td> <td style="text-align: justify">Sample Name<br></td> I want Sample Name from above. In the same file, I have to search for another pattern like this <td><a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies
su(1)							      General Commands Manual							     su(1)

Name
       su - substitute a user ID

Syntax
       su [username]

su - [username]

su -f [username]

Description
       The  command  requests the password of the specified username.  If the correct password is given, changes to that username without changing
       the current directory.  The user environment is unchanged except for HOME and SHELL which are taken from the password file entry for  user-
       name.   The  shell  that  is  run  is also taken from the password file entry for username.  The new user ID stays in force until the shell
       exits.

If no username is specified, `root' is assumed.	To remind the superuser of his responsibilities, the shell substitutes `#' for	its  usual
       prompt.

Options
       -f   Prevents from executing the .cshrc file, making start up faster.

-    Simulates a full login.

Diagnostics
       Sorry
	    An invalid password was supplied for the specified username.

Unknown login: username
	    The specified username was not found in the passwd database.

No directory
	    The home directory for the username is not accessible at this time (only with ``-'' argument).

No shell
	    The shell specified in the passwd database entry for username could not be executed.

Kerberos initialization failure
	    Consult your system administrator.

If enhanced security features are enabled the following error messages are also possible:

Requires secure terminal
	    Attempt to su to UID 0 on a line that is not marked secure in

User's password has expired
	    Access is denied because the password for username is expired.

This account is disabled
	    Access is denied because the auth entry corresponding to username is marked disabled.

Files
       Log file of anyone who became
			root, with a date mark.

See Also
       csh(1), sh(1), passwd(5yp), environ(7), edauth(8)
       Security Guide for Administrators
       Security Guide for Users

su(1)