Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail connection timeout
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications sendmail connection timeout Post 302474801 by um08 on Thursday 25th of November 2010 11:41:53 AM
Old 11-25-2010
sendmail connection timeout

Hi

I am trying to configure sendmail for logwatch and another script i have . However when i try to send a test mail i am getting the following error.

Logwatch is not sending any emails out nor is denyhost. I just want it to send emails out .

Can anyone help me ?

i have looked through everything from access list to host file.

if i do i get deferred connection timed out

Quote:
echo "Subject: test" | /usr/lib/sendmail -v myemail

myemail@gmail.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...
myemail@gmail.com...Deferred: Connection timed out with [127.0.0.1]
And if i do

Quote:
sendmail -v -d7.99 -d38.99 myemail@gmail.com assign_queueid:

random_offset = 2095860867 (2067)
assign_queueid: assigned id oAONAFYR015858, e=0x7f6871957d40
assign_queueid: random_offset = 2095860867 (206
assign_queueid: assigned id oAONAFYS015858, e=0x7f6871957d40
queuename: ./xfoAONAFYS015858
openmap() dequote:dequote NULL: valid
openmap() host:host NULL: valid
getcanonname(gmail.com), trying dns
getcanonname(gmail.com), found
It freezes after it finds the domain
I have checked resovl.conf,host file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail timeout

Just implemented sendmail on rh9. The clients are timing out or dropping a connection to the server. What's up? I've been tweaking, but no noticable change. They can recieve and send mail, but it errors out consistently and then reconnects fine. Am I missing a timeout setting in the cf file? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benzo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decreasing SSL connection timeout

hi people, i need help about timeout duration of ssl while connecting to another server in network. this is what i try bash-3.00# time ssh root@10.10.10.10 "date" ssh: connect to host 10.10.10.10 port 22: Connection timed out real 3m10.215s user 0m0.007s sys 0m0.011sthere is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdkbjk
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP Connection Timeout

Hello UNIX users, Thanks for helping me in my earlier post. Now, I am facing a timeout issue when ever I am transferring a zipped file from my server to client's server. If the zipped file size is below 3 MB, it goes fine. Anything above that fails. Below is the part of screenshot from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: st3636
1 Replies

5. Solaris

sendmail problem, Connection refused by [127.0.0.1]

one of our sparc servers is having this problem: Jun 27 13:05:00 sparki sendmail: p5: from=root, size=309, class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<201106271305.p5@sparki>, relay=root@localhost Jun 27 13:05:00 sparki sendmail: p5: to=root, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
3 Replies

6. Solaris

weblogic connection timeout error

i am facing an issue that the server give a connection timeout after 60 sec for any request more than that number . i tried to increase the TCP INTERVAL TIMEOUT from the default 60000 ms to more higher number. the server seems to work fine and didn't give me the massage of the timeout but the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: core99
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timeout to abolish ssh connection command it takes too long

Hi, I am running a ssh connection test in a script, how can I add a timeout to abolish the process if it takes too long? ssh -i ~/.ssh/ssl_key useraccount@computer1 Thank you. - j (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hce
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to solve TCP connection timeout (not in ssh)?

HI We have some Red Hat Linux Sevres which is having TCP connection timeout, not SSH connection, as an example oracle connection connected from TOD. SSH i managed to add keepalive and it's working fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)