Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem creating file with awk Post 302474781 by freyr on Thursday 25th of November 2010 11:00:29 AM
Old 11-25-2010
Problem creating file with awk

Hello,

I don't understand why the script below doesn't act the way it should :

Code:
#!/bin/sh
awk 'BEGIN{printf("Entrez la date : "); getline date < "-"}
$0 ~ date {f=1;print;next}
/^[0-9]{2}\//{f=0}
f' Planning.csv > planning.txt

It doesn't create file planning.txt with only the result of the awk command but with the entire file in input... ???

Do you know why ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a csv file in awk

Hi All I am trying to create a csv file in the korn shell and the script segment is as follows: if then # NEED TO ADD INFO TO THE EMAIL FILE ABOUT THE DRIVE THAT'S FILLING UP echo "$drive $percent% $space "|\ awk '{printf("%d/t"|"%d/t"|"%d/t\n",... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Segwar
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating an sql statement from a file. Problem with '

Hi, I am trying to create sql statements from a file, but I have a problem with ': This is what I do: cat filex.txt | awk -F: '{print $1,"A","and personnavn like",$5}' | sed -e "s/^/select bruker.brukernavn, person.personnavn from bruker, person where brukernavn like '/" -e "s/$/' and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hannem
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: creating a fixed-width single file from 2 different files

I have to create a single file from three files, Please see below for samples: day.txt 20090101 20090102 item.txt 123456789101 12345678910209 1234567891 str.txt 1 12 123 output.txt 20090101123456789101 1 0 2009010112345678910209 12 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk print to file problem

Hello, I have a file seperated with "|" I want to search the 11th field if it matches certain words change it to an empty space. I have managed to do that, but now I need it to replace the file. this is my code: awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS="|"}$11=="to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: TasosARISFC
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem creating pxelinux.cfg default file

Hi All, I was trying to create pxelinux.cfg/default file in a script that I use for creating backup of bootimage. cat 2>${BACKUB_BOOTIMAGE_ERRINFO} >${pxelinux_cfg_file} <<EOF prompt 1 timeout 0 display boot.msg label restore kernel kernel append root=/dev/nfs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pkumar Sachin
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in creating my own profile file in unix

I am new in shell scripting. currently i am using cygwin. My problem is i created a profile file in my own folder. file name is first.profile in which i gave following values to variable export a=10 now i am executing this profile file by below command ./.first.profile it executed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikjain998
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in creating execute profile file in unix

first i created a profile file(my_var.profile) which contains export my_var=20 after that i created shell scripts(my_var.sh) which contains #!/bin/bash . ./my_var.profile echo '$my_var='$my_var but when i am executing sh my_var.sh it is showing error that no such file/directory .profile.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratikjain998
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in creating CSV file

Hi guys, I am not experienced with Unix, so please dont mind if the question seem to be irrelevant. I have written a simple script, that connects DB & fetches few records from a table. I wanted to get those details as file in .CSV format via mail. -I stored the query o/p in a file. -I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitburnwal88
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating your own Header file in awk

whether it is possible in awk to create your own header file like in C if so someone give me awk equivalent for below one $ cat foo.h int add(int a,int b) { return(a+b); } $ cat main.c #include<stdio.h> #include"foo.h" void main() { int number1=10,number2=10,number3; number3 =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new users using a text file as imput (using only shell script and/or awk)

I need somebody who could help with an exercise. You have a text file called users.txt with this info inside: users.txt: user1:1234:/home/homedir1 ; user2:1234:/home/homedir2 ; user3:1234:/home/homedir3 ; user4:1234:/home/homedir4 ; The script should create an user using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcosruiz
2 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)