Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server Post 302474767 by randeel on Thursday 25th of November 2010 10:23:57 AM
Old 11-25-2010
Question how to debug an expect script running on a tomcat server

Hello everyone,

I have a small expect script as follows;
Code:
#!/usr/bin/expect -f
set force_conservative 0  ;# set to 1 to force conservative mode even if
              ;# script wasn't run conservatively originally
if {$force_conservative} {
    set send_slow {1 .1}
    proc send {ignore arg} {
        sleep .1
        exp_send -s -- $arg
    }
}
set timeout -1
spawn /bin/bash
match_max 100000
send -- "su randeel\r"
expect -exact "su randeel\r
Password: "
send -- "some password\r"
expect "randeel@"
send -- "wine cmd /c wscript Z:\\\\tmp\\\\tomcat6-temp\\\\3fe21de5ca0fe5fb.vbs"
expect -exact "wine cmd /c wscript Z:\\\\tmp\\\\tomcat6-temp\\\\3fe21de5ca0fe5fb.vbs"
send -- "\r"
expect "IRemUnknown_RemRelease"
send -- "\r"
exit
expect eof

when i run this script as another user the above works great!!
But when i invoke the above script from tomcat server(using a java programme to execute the script) as user "tomcat6"
the script doesn't execute fully. How can i debug this issue?
when i issue the command ps -ef;
I see that tomcat6 user has called the script and the process is running.
i also see the bash command also invoked, also i see "su randeel" command also being running.
But i don't know how to debug this issue. I am new to expect,ubuntu.
Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Randeel.

Last edited by radoulov; 11-25-2010 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Code tags, please!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

jsp not working on linux running tomcat server

hey there we cant seem to get jsp to load pages properly on linux running tomcat 4 server. everytime we run .jsp files, the source code comes up instead of the actual file contents. any suggestions?? cheers mile1982 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mile1982
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write an expect script to check if a process is running?

I'm new to expecting and i want to create a script to ssh to a device,check is a process is running and display that the process is running or not.This is what i have so far After executing this script i get an error. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout -1 set ip "machine ip goes here" set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: icchi
5 Replies

3. Programming

Need a little help in running jsp pages(Tomcat server).

Hi, I have installed following software on my linux machine. Is there anything else required to run jsp pages on linux machine? Please Help Here are some details that might be helpful. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect debug output

Hi! I want to start OO in headless mode via expect - the oo command would be su - root -c "/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice -headless -nofirststartwizard -norestore -nolockcheck -nocrashreport -nodefault -accept='socket,host=0.0.0.0,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.Service'" and the expect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senior.weber
2 Replies

5. Programming

Expect script to run a Shell script on remote server

Hi All, I am using a expect script to run a shell script on remote server, the code is as follows. But the problem is that it executes only first command, and hangs it doesn't run the next commands. spawn ssh $uid@$host expect "password:" send "$password\r" expect "*\r" send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwanthsn
2 Replies

6. Programming

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ?

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ? If so, do i have to download any package? Any free downloads available? Can anyone please guide me through? Am a newbie in PHP scripting. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug script already running

Hello, is it possible to debug a script that is already running "on-demand"? Somehow a command like "set -x" but once you've executed the script. And another one to disable debugging? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script cronjob running but dying prematurely

I have an Ubuntu machine that I'd like to update automatically. I've written an expect script to run the aptitude package manager and update my packages. Essentially it does: aptitude update && aptitude upgrade while answering "yes" at the appropriate time. It works quite nicely when run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CluelessPerson
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script not running from cron. Full Paths used

My cron file. Copied $PATH # Minute Hour Day of Month Month Day of Week Command SHELL=/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/perl/lib:/perl/lib/lib/perl5:/perl/scripts:.:/perl/lib/local:/home/popeye:/temp 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer file from server B to server C and running the script on server A

I have 3 servers A, B, C and server B is having some files in /u01/soa/ directory, these files i want to copy to server C, and i want to run the script from server A. Script(Server A) --> Files at Server B (Source server) --> Copy the files to Server C(Target Server). We dont have RSA key... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
4 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)