Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: read and write to xml file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting read and write to xml file Post 302474728 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 25th of November 2010 07:27:21 AM
Old 11-25-2010
Hi kichu,

What have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and write from a file

I have tried to show the file name whose size is greater than 200 byte in current directory. Please help me. ls -l | tr -s " " " " | cut -f 5,9 -d " " >out.txt #set -a x `cat out.txt` i=0 `cat out.txt` | while do read x echo $x #re=200 j=0 if }" < "200" ] then echo $j j=`expr $j... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to write a config file in xml

hi all, please give me some idea to write a config file in xml for username and password data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a own config file in XML

hi all, please give me some idea to write a config file in xml for username and password data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write CLOB parameter in a file or XML using shell script?

I executed a oracle stored procedure using shell script. How can i get the OUT parameter of the procedure(CLOB) and write it in a file or XML in UNIX environment using shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Read and Write

I have got a file in following format: AAAAAAA BBBBBBBB CCCCCCC DDDDDDD I am trying to read this file and out put it in following format: AAAAAAA,BBBBBBB,CCCCCCC,DDDDDD Preferred method is shell or Perl. Any help appreciated. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Araoki
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write in the file

Hello Guys, How all are doing? I have an issue in Unix and want help from all of you I have a file in UNIX which it read by line by line , If at the end of line '0' is written the it should fetch that line into another file and change '0' to '1' and If at the end of line '1' is written then it... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: adisky123
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from XML file and write in CSV file

Hi friend i have input as following XML file <?xml version="1.0"?> <Document xmlns="urn:iso:std:iso:20022:tech:xsd:camt.054.001.02"> <BkToCstmrDbtCdtNtfctn> <GrpHdr><MsgId>LBP-RDJ-TE000000-130042430010001001</MsgId><CreDtTm>2013-01-04T03:21:30</CreDtTm></GrpHdr>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan sharma
3 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(8) 														   IPTABLES-XML(8)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) Jul 16, 2007 IPTABLES-XML(8)